Terrible stutters upon installation of scenery

Tobycoco

Hi all,

I have done a fresh re-install for Prepar3d, I have noticed that before I added my ORBX scenery, everything was nice and smooth.

However after adding several scenery packs, Base, Vector, Open and a host of regionals. I am now experiencing terrible stutters, it dosnt matter which aircraft I use I still get stuttering.

I know that the problem could be anything, but I don't know enough about computers to sort the problem out and I don't understand a lot of what Is available on the internet about the problem.

My specs are

Dell xps 15,

16 GB Ram

i7 6700HQ Processor

GTX 960m Nvidia graphics

I have all the scenery sliders well down and I still get stuttering.

Can someone help me please and please note I'm hopeless with computers so please be kind!!

regards

Jonathan

Have a look at AI aircraft flying at altitude. If there is no stuttering then the problem is probably the rendering of ground textures.

Also it might be a good idea if you defraged (with optomisation) your HDD (but not your SDD) after such massive data installation.

Your message seems to point to ORBX as the stutter culprit, and I'm not discounting that possibility.  However, are you using default AI, with gates enabled?

10 minutes ago, Tobycoco said:

Hi thanks but i have all traffic turned off and im using a new raid HDD

Hi i did purchase REX worldwide airports. However i was not impressed so have not installed it in my fresh re-install.  i have all traffic turned off, where will i find the setting to turn Jetways off? i have not tried that.

The slider for the water is turned down very low.

Archived