Problems with FTX GLOBAL on P3D

Martial Mrn

Bonjour,

If I understand right

* FTX GLOBAL BASE just installs textures over stock P3D ones

* FTX VECTOR redraws coastlines, rivers, roads

* FTX OPENLC EU just places appropriate textures on the terrain (urban, fields, forests, etc...)

Terrain elevation is generally a matter of mesh. I can remember some strange issues with VECTOR in earlier versions, where some rivers were too deep inside the terrain, for instance, but such cliff where there is apparently no vector element at all (river, road, etc...) looks strange. Anything else installed in your P3D, or scdenery entries at the wrong place inside your scenery.cfg, that could cause such effect?

Location of your screenshot, to check how it looks on other system?

Blue skies

Philippe

Martial,

Sorry, but pretty few I can do, as I can not compare with my system. For screenshots here for support, preferably arrange display of position (lon., lat., altitude), to allow exact point of view placement by others.

Did you install any mesh? Have you checked where the entries for the ORBX stuff are into your scenery.cfg? Did you install and run FTX Central v3?

For the cliff-like effect you show on your screenshot, I have not experienced such problem since a long time at my side.

About lakes, I see two types of discrepances : either you see water textures on the mountains, or you have your lakes looking like mesas above surrounding terrain altitude.

For the water textures problem, I do not know how to cure it (landclass issue?, texture taking too much time to reach the graphic card?...).

For the lakes like mesas, I understand from FSX times that their altitude was hardcoded into the scenery of the program. In other words, in stock scenery they looked good into the landscape, but if you were using third party mesh, they were displayed at their hardcoded altitude when terrain's altitude had been altered by the mesh, therefore holes or mesas. And apart from using specific tools to change lake altitude, I was not aware of any alternative.

En anglais ici, tu as toute la communauté qui lit et comprend, si tu préfères le français, tu peux aussi répeter ton post sur le French Forum.

@+

Philippe

7 hours ago, Martial Mrn said:

j'ai fait cette capture d'écran au dessus de Nice LFMN.

Hi Martial,

You need to press <Shift-Z> until the coordinates are shown, so that the support can replicate your view.

Anyway, following the river, I was able to locate the point of your issue.

Sounds like a mesh problem. What mesh are you using?

Depending on the mesh, there may be, at some points, a certain incompatibility with the Vector. See that Vector besides correcting the coasts, rivers, roads, lakes etc, also corrects the Pilot's FS Global 2010 FTX leaks and the heights of some default airports.

See this shot from the same position as your show:

00 lfmn mesh issue.jpg

Cheers,

Voyager

Archived