Problems with Iceland X and Keflavík X

Sigfús Jónsson

Hello.. I'm running FTX Global Vector as well as Iceland X and Keflavík X on FSX and there are several airports with severe elevation problems. Of the top of my head i can name BIKF BIVM BIHN and BIIS but there are probably more.
There are also some airports which don't have elevation problems that have other problems where the Orbx scenery is butting in and adding paralell buildings such as towers and other things, the most prominent of which is BIRK but I think I'm right in saying that BIAR has similar problems
My friend is running the exact same setup and he is experiencing the exact same problems as I am. BIKF has some runways and taxiways cut off by higher elevation terrain, BIIS and BIAR have their respective runways covered below higher terrain and BIVM is a total mess, you just fall through the terrain and the actual runway is many feet below where it should be. We have both tried running the Orbx Vector airport elevation correction program but to no avail.

I don't pretend to be an expert on the matter (quite the contrary) but it seems logical to me that Orbx shouldn't butt in on scenery that is placed above it in the scenery library and in general it doesn't with any of the other addons i've got installed.
I might add that both Iceland X and Keflavík X were working perfectly before I installed Vector. 

Order numbers

#FSS0528246 
#FSS0500569 

Thank you very much.

I'll try that and then tell you my findings.
Still. I'd prefer this to work seamlessly. I regularly fly criss cross all over the world whether it is flying VFR in Iceland (my home country) or flying airliners in Europe or America and I fly a lot, often two or three flights a day 

This is a high quality product and I payed a hefty sum of money for it. My opinion is that it should work seamlessly as it does with every other addon which resides above it in my scenery library.

If i had the ability to disable Global/Vector for the Iceland X region only I'd be very happy. but I understand that sometimes solutions in these matters are hard to find and I hope I'm not asking to much. I also realize that keeping compatibility with all the other sceneries on the market is probably pretty difficult. But this is in my opinion a big flaw and as i see it. the fault probably lies with orbx.
I also have many other sceneries from Aerosoft and Fly Tampa for that matter and i've never seen a problem with airport elevation in their sceneries but this is not the first time i see a problem like this with orbx. Still I might be wrong and then the problem lies with Aerosoft

By all means, run the Vector auto configuration in the Vector Control panel and see if that solves the problems for you.

That is what the Vector staff would tell you but they do not come here.

As to assigning blame, there is none.

You have two products which both make amendments to the same area.

My thinking was that you might eliminate one and thus let the other do its work unhindered.

On 11/18/2016 at 7:44 PM, Nick Cooper said:

By all means, run the Vector auto configuration in the Vector Control panel and see if that solves the problems for you.

That is what the Vector staff would tell you but they do not come here.

As to assigning blame, there is none.

You have two products which both make amendments to the same area.

My thinking was that you might eliminate one and thus let the other do its work unhindered.

I'm not overly happy with your reasoning. I want to sincerely apologize in advance for rudeness if you're not an actual part of the Orbx paid support team and you're just a person on this forum that helps people with their problems in your spare time (then I'm really sorry.) But if you are an actual paid support person I confess my self to be quite disappointed with Orbx.
I had to contact Hifi technologies because of a pretty difficult problem with Active Sky some time ago and the matter was resolved within half a day but that's a bit irrelevant.   

Now I'm not asking for the world am I? I'm just asking for a little help to make a product that I paid a lot of money for work. I can see on this forum that I'm not even the only person with this problem.
There seem to be very common and persistent problems with products from orbx in the global range that very many people seem to be experiencing. I have to say that I'm a bit astonished how many problems there are.  Also it seems that orbx isn't doing anything to resolve them. I might be talking out of my rear end here but it certainly seems so to me. You sort of said it yourself " this is what the vector staff would tell you but they don't come here" and isn't this the place where people are directed to submit their support tickets? 'From where I'm standing it seems that orbx support is a bit sub standard.

But anyways, what you're saying is that if I've got scenery that conflicts with Orbx, I'm basically screwed. (Excuse the language but i was unable to find a less offensive word to describe my predicament.) 

I want to set up a scenario here. Lets imagine that I'm flying from Iceland to Rome in Italy. I've got and I want to use the Iceland X scenery in Iceland but when I've flown over the sea to Europe i want to have Orbx vector, that is the vital point I'm trying to make. But in your opinion, because these two sceneries conflict. I should disable vector and use much less quality scenery throughout my flight in europe. I know I could simply activate the scenery on the way to europe but all the activating and deactivating would eventually really start getting on my nerves and it is a bit tedious work to be able to use something that you paid for and that is to my best knowledge supposed to work. 
I didn't pay for these scenery packs to be using them 80% of the time. I want to be able to use them 100% of the time when I'm not in an area where I have other scenery.
If I had to hazard a guess as to what is causing this problem, I'd say it's because vector jumps ahead of some files which are placed above it in the scenery library.  

I might be wrong but i'm sure that almost no one uses orbx scenery exclusively, and I think it would be very naive and unfair of orbx to expect their customers to use orbx exclusively as in most cases you can get much better looking scenery for specific airports and such. Almost everyone has got at least some scenery from other developers, Whether it's Fly Tampa. Aerosoft, Uk2000. 

As for the products themselves, I've got Vector, England and South California, they're top notch. I love the scenery. 

It was a suggestion, not a solution or an instruction.

The Vector product is supposed to be supported by its developers, Pilots.

We do our best but as you have seen, they have little input to their product's forum.

Did you completely miss the linked topic showing you how to integrate IcelandX and Keflavik X

with the FTX Iceland demo? It was written before Vector was available but should still be valid.

EDIT:  I have followed the linked topic and my own guide and there follows six screen shots of what I see

at the airports you named.

Installed and active: Iceland X, Keflavik X, FTX Iceland demo, FTX Global Vector.

AEC disabled in the Vector control panel for BIKF and BIVM.

BIKF

2016_11_21_10_9_3_573.jpg

BIVM

BIVM.jpg

BIHN

bihn.jpg

BIIS

biis.jpg

BIAR

biar.jpg

Finally, BIRK. There are one or two duplicate buildings here but that is explained in the guide and the option is there to remove them

birk.jpg

Archived