EU England FSX Crashes when installed

Ashbygooner

Hi, Whenever I try to fly with EU England activated in my scenery folder (FSX User),10 to max.20 minutes into any flight departing, any UK airport the sim crashes with a fatal error, and shuts down after a few seconds of the blue spinning round thing! Any ideas? Should I consider uninstalling EU England ad then doing a full reinstall? I will only consider doing this if it wont effect all my other products, I couldnt face having to reinstall everything again! Thanks.

Hi,

Before considering FTX ENG could be the culprit, you should unactivate any third party addon and make a flight with only ENG.

If that still happens, you have to collect the error message and report it here.

Let us know.

OK - done that. 10 minutes out of EGNX FL140, heading 180, freezed, blue circular spinning thingy appeared, then brief message stating a fatal error has occurred fsx will now restart. Then goes to first page of sim and back to the screen where you chose aircraft, weather, airport blah blah.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm struggling with very high VAS usage in England at the moment. That's the sort of thing that can lead to crashes like this.

A flight from say Stapleford to Old Warden using both these add on airports sees the memory chimes going off on arrival with very little left in the tank.
With a relatively simple plane I'm starting with about 1.2GB free and about 800MB of that gets used up enroute. With anything more complex (e.g. A2A), I'm starting with about 850MB free and it's all becomes very borderline over the space of a mere 35 mile flight.
Regardless of what else I have installed (and there's not too much else in this immediate area), that's some agressive use of VAS over such a short distance.

I've not had time to look into it properly yet and I'm thinking it might be a proximity to London thing, but it all gets very strained and unenjoyable. Other regions don't seem to have this issue as much (except for THAT area in PNW).
Maybe I need to review what other scenery I have installed, but I would be interested to know what VAS usage others see for various LODs from 4.5 to 6.5, with just a Global Base/Vector/Europe Landclass/EU England/ORBX airports combination running.

I guess FSX can't really cut it anymore when anything like decent scenery is involved.
It's a crying shame really. It's proved to be expandable beyond it's maker's imaginings and improved hardware has allowed more detail to be wrung out of it, but the none existent memory management is going to kill it in the end.
It would be great if Microsoft would release the code and let someone fix it up. There are so many daft bugs that probably wouldn't be hard to sort out.  I suppose that's what P3D is though.

Archived