SCA-Mexico border water

MotoDave

Hi Dave,

If you'd like to disable waterclass, go to the FTX_NA_SCA08_CUSTOM/scenery folder and disable any !600_FTX_SCA_WC_####.bgl files

I don't have SCA installed right now so I'm not positive that's the correct naming schema, but fairly certain. 

Howdy Alex,

Most excellent, thanks for the tip.

11 minutes ago, Alex Goff said:

Hi Dave,

If you'd like to disable waterclass, go to the FTX_NA_SCA08_CUSTOM/scenery folder and disable any !600_FTX_SCA_WC_####.bgl files

I don't have SCA installed right now so I'm not positive that's the correct naming schema, but fairly certain. 

13 hours ago, Alex Goff said:

Hi Dave,

I'm searching for another solution, as this made the water class look extremely poor.  Area test was between UK and Netherlands.  Let me know if I need to open another thread that is not answered.

Thank you.

Thanks Alex,

I use REX water, but it appears that ORBX water class does not match up with default water color either.  I'll take a shots from the channel, as the UK is my most used area and that's where I'm testing.  But, can test other areas upon demand.  Without REX water, default creates the same issue, just a different color is all.

These pictures are off Southport, UK with FTX water class disabled

Thanks for checking Alex.

2016-11-18_10-56-1-767.jpg

2016-11-18_10-56-10-102.jpg

2016-11-18_10-56-32-514.jpg

8 minutes ago, Alex Goff said:

Hi Dave,

Is this with waterclass files disabled in the England region?

Hello Alex,

Yes, 8 files (600-wc files) disabled in the previous photo set. 

The following are pictures with default FTX water added back in.  Still a discrepancy, just not as severe.

Thanks for checking it out.

2016-11-18_11-12-19-407.jpg

2016-11-18_11-12-23-959.jpg

2016-11-18_11-12-46-293.jpg

Hello, and thank you.  

I've been down that road trying to find all of those files without making a mistake.  I guess one my talking points is that even default water does not match up with ORBX water, and I'm suggesting automation at some point in the future.  

It's disconcerting to fly around a beautifully designed set of islands, crossing the channel, and looking a mismatched water.

Thanks for trying to help.

Archived