FTX EU England install problem P3Dv3 Win10

sirius_3000

Hello,

I have found an issue installing FTX EU England in my P3Dv3.4 Win 10 setup.  Previously installed England fine for FSX on a different PC Win 7. Now installing addons for Prepar3d v3.4 and get an error when installing FTX EU England. I get a dialog error window that says:

"Radio Buttons> On Next, Line13: Argument 2 must be of type string.

Stack Traceback:

1:[Radio Buttons> On Next] Line: 13 in main chunk"

Pretty sure I saw this same type of error when trying to install the Lancair IV-P from DVD.  I already have FTX PNW, and both California packages installed fine for P3Dv3.4. Any advice is appreciated.

thanks.

Hello,

I'm sorry, but after reading similar threads, I was not able to glean enough information to see my problem. When I install FTX products I have purchased in the past, FTX EU England (download), FTX EU Wales and (PC DVD), Lancair IV-P (PC DVD), I consistently get an error. I get a dialog error window that says:

"Radio Buttons> On Next, Line13: Argument 2 must be of type string.

Stack Traceback:

1:[Radio Buttons> On Next] Line: 13 in main chunk"

I already have FTX PNW, and both California packages installed succesfully. Any advice is appreciated.

thanks.

Nick,

I guess I am not understanding obtaining latest version of installer, with regards to my PC DVD versions of ORBX Wales and Lancair IV-P for instance.  Where/how would I get and use the latest installer for these, or even the ORBX England download I had purchased that installs itself.

thank you.

All of the product versions that you have are not designed to install into P3D v3.

The error message is telling you that the simulator version that they can install

to is not present on the PC.

The solution is for you to obtain updated versions of the products that are designed

to install into P3D v3.

You can update your download version by reading the topics I linked to and following the

very clear guidance.

At the moment there is no way to update your DVD products, so for now you cannot

install them into P3D v3.

There were ways in place and there will be again.

Ok,

After reading your links closely, I updated from FTX Central 2 to 3, and was able to transfer licences from the 14 products purchased at FlightSimStore. I was then able to reinstall from the Orbxdirect site to my PC, some of them even originally being DVD purchases. For the remaining DVD's I purchased elsewhere (like FightStore.co.uk) I see from the FAQ that this issue is indeed being worked on as you mentioned: 

Q15 What about all my boxed DVD products I have on the shelf? How can I convert or crossgrade them to digital licenses?

A15 We will be offering a DVD-to-digital cross grade service from OrbxDirect very soon, we have hired an admin staff to handle these requests and there will be a dedicated email address you will use to send proof of DVD ownership etc. More information soon!

Thanks, Nick!

Archived