NZMF Crash to desktop

MikeFlight

I've noticed today that every time when I load the P3Dv3.4 in NZMF I have a crash to desktop. It does not matter which position (active Rwy or any parking position) or with which aircraft I started. It always happens in the same way: airplane and airport NZMF selected, P3D with "Okay" started, loading beams up to 100%, then approximately 5 - 8 seconds break with black screen and then end. Without comment and without an entry in event log I'm back on the desktop. Other airports are okay.

Before, a few days ago after conversion to FTXC3 I've had reinstalled New Zealand over Central again because of 2 missing files after running the troubleshooter. Then I had elevation problems with NZQN and NZMF, I had to reinstall them again, too. They were then fixed. But now the crashes.

Measures on my part:

I have just reinstalled NZMF again. After this new installation the first start  was also successful, NZMF worked again. But apparently only once. Now it is not again. In addition, I have disabled many settings in the configurator, but that didn't work. CTD again and again by starting in NZMF.

Now I'm a little helpless. Does anyone have a tip or idea?

Sorry, translated by Google :D

32 minutes ago, firehawk44 said:

Disable Objectflow.dll for P3D in the dll.xml by changing the disabled line from False to True.  Save and try again.  Worked for me.  The latest update did not fix this problem.

Best regards,

Jim

Hi Jim, sorry to barge in but I'm curious.  I saw this and just went to Milford in my MD-530F, cold & dark.  I had no CTD.  I have the latest FTXv3 up to date too.

P3D 3.2

I updated to the latest and greatest version of P3D and, after an update of objectflow.dll for P3D (a couple of nights ago), I loaded a flight from KLAX to KSFO using the PMDG 737NGX in with Orbx Southern/Northern California enabled.  Previously the module had been disabled as I got a message that it was not compatible with the latest version of P3D and I had no problems.  But after the update, I suddenly got NTDLL.dll errors as the airport and terrain were being loaded.  Thought maybe it was AS16 or ProATC-X which were also loaded but ran P3D with no add-ons other than the California scenery, the PMDG 737 and FSDT KLAX and still got the NTDLL.dll error.  I went into the dll.xml and disabled the objectflow.dll and no more crashes.

That's the reason why I recommended disabling the module.  Over at AVSIM, several people who also upgraded to the latest version of P3D and upgraded to the latest version of objectflow also are receiving ntdll.dll faulting module errors. 

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Jim, sorry to barge in but I'm curious.  I saw this and just went to Milford in my MD-530F, cold & dark.  I had no CTD.  I have the latest FTXv3 up to date too.

P3D 3.2

Not sure if I understand your comments.  I suspect you mean by stating FTXv3, you mean FTX Central 3?  That has nothing to do with this issue.  P3D was upgraded to V3.4.14.18870 last Monday, November 7th.  I was just trying to help the OP as I had a similar issue and thought it might help.  Thanks.

Best regards,

Jim

1 minute ago, firehawk44 said:

I updated to the latest and greatest version of P3D and, after an update of objectflow.dll for P3D (a couple of nights ago), I loaded a flight from KLAX to KSFO using the PMDG 737NGX in with Orbx Southern/Northern California enabled.  Previously the module had been disabled as I got a message that it was not compatible with the latest version of P3D and I had no problems.  But after the update, I suddenly got NTDLL.dll errors as the airport and terrain were being loaded.  Thought maybe it was AS16 or ProATC-X which were also loaded but ran P3D with no add-ons other than the California scenery, the PMDG 737 and FSDT KLAX and still got the NTDLL.dll error.  I went into the dll.xml and disabled the objectflow.dll and no more crashes.

That's the reason why I recommended disabling the module.  Over at AVSIM, several people who also upgraded to the latest version of P3D and upgraded to the latest version of objectflow also are receiving ntdll.dll faulting module errors. 

Not sure if I understand your comments.  I suspect you mean by stating FTXv3, you mean FTX Central 3?  That has nothing to do with this issue.  P3D was upgraded to V3.4.14.18870 last Monday, November 7th.  I was just trying to help the OP as I had a similar issue and thought it might help.  Thanks.

Best regards,

Jim

Sorry Jim, all I meant was I went there and tried to see if I'd have a CTD, I didn't.  So I was using the very latest FTX v3 and no CTD.  So now I'm wondering why he's having a CTD when I'm not if we're both using the same FTX version.  He mentioned he didn't have this problem before FTX3.  As I said, I apologize if there's any confusion.  I just wanted to see if mine would CTD.  I guess it could be a P3D issue?

I know this does not help the o.p., but how does Object Flow work? I understand its an FTX dll that is required by FTX for it to work correctly. So by disabling it what's being disabled in FTX?

By the by, I am on P3dv3.0, have added the latest Object flow update (which appeared as I loaded the sim)  and so far it seems stable, but I am not on the sim for hours so can not determine much!

Those NTDLL crashes are rare occurrences for me and in the past have been as mysterious as aliens in X Files!:-)

Regards

David

On 11/14/2016 at 7:08 PM, herky1955 said:

I know this does not help the o.p., but how does Object Flow work? I understand its an FTX dll that is required by FTX for it to work correctly. So by disabling it what's being disabled in FTX?

Those NTDLL crashes are rare occurrences for me and in the past have been as mysterious as aliens in X Files!:-)

There are many things that cause an ntdll.dll error.  An incompatible module for FSX/P3D is just one.  It is really not required for FTX to operate but it does handle the flow of ground traffic at FTX airports, windsocks, etc.  In some places it fixes airport buildings.  I'm disabling it for my sim.  Maybe it will work for future versions of P3D.  It still works great for FSX and FSX-SE. 

Best regards,

Jim

I have no ntdll.dll error. I have a CTD without any message. And this also happens only on some aircraft, e.g. the Alabeo Seminole and a few others from Alabeo and Carenado, and it happens only in NZMF. Many other aircraft work. And I guess this is since the last P3Dv3.4 hotfix 3.4.14.18870.

Archived