Unexpected Error

Chaslie

Please see the setting wheel indicated in the image below. When I click on that, I receive the Error pop up. The log file is attached. One thing I did notice is that there is a reference to this: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg'  I am using FSXSE but there is no 'FSX-SE' directory or folder on my local machine, just 'FSX'.

If you were to go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg , you would certainly see the scenery.cfg file. I open up this file and the last entry was:

[Area.120]
Title=Addon Scenery
Local=Addon Scenery
Layer=120
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

It therefore seems that no FTX content is being added to this file.

When I open up FSX and go for a flight, the scenery is still the default Microsoft scenery. I have also purchased and installed FTX Global Base just prior to clicking on the settings wheel (as indicated by the red arrow).

The log file ftxc3.log

error.jpg

The key part of the error message is "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg".

I expect that you have installed your copy of FSX-SE as the only FSX version on your PC.

This will have external folders named FSX, not FSX-SE, for example 

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg

I think you have set up FTX Central to write to FSX Steam Edition but that setting is only for when

both FSX versions are installed together.

Please use the attached Registry fix tool to remove the registry entry for FSX Steam Edition and

replace it with one for FSX, the top choice, pointing to the same FSX folder.

This should correct your problem.

orbxregistryfixer.zip

Nick,

You said:

"The key part of the error message is "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg".

I expect that you have installed your copy of FSX-SE as the only FSX version on your PC." CORRECT

"This will have external folders named FSX, not FSX-SE, for example 

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg" CORRECT

"I think you have set up FTX Central to write to FSX Steam Edition but that setting is only for when

both FSX versions are installed together." I only have one version of FSX and that is the Steam Edition.

Thanks Nick but can I check this with you please. I only have one single install and it is FSXSE. I do not have any other product. When I first installed FSX Steam Edition a few days ago, the default install directory was 'FSX', not 'FSX-SE'.

So when you suggest, "Please use the attached Registry fix tool to remove the registry entry for FSX Steam Edition and

replace it with one for FSX, the top choice, pointing to the same FSX folder.", should I instead do the reverse?

If I am wrong, just tell me that and I will do as your suggested.

Thanks for being there and for you patients.

Thanks so much Nick. I went through the process even though it said the selected path was already recorded in the registry.

After that process was completed, I had a look at the 'GetPath' tab to see what that recorded.

So what do we do next?

Image5.jpg

Image6.jpg

Just FYI, this original unexpected error is still happening when you click on the 'settings' icon in the bottom left of the screen.

Can you remember the start of the path to the log file? I'm looking for 'AppData' and cannot find it. 

Image13.jpg

Archived