PLASI of ENNK

gaab

Hello,

On the following image I have difficulties to identify where is the PLASI at ENNK (beautiful scenery, but difficult airport !)

According to what I have read so far it should be a single light...

A pilot who is flying the approach on glidepath will see a steady white light.  If he should stray above  glidepath, he will see a pulsing white light. Alternatively, if  the pilot  begins to descend below glidepath,  he will first see a steady red light, turning into a flashing red light the lower he goes.

FX_2016_nov_10_012.jpg

Please, help a newcomer at Narvik !

Thanks

Gérard

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

This post was made before I found where was the PLASI !

Then, I was able to report it as a problem in the support forum. I hate to claim a problem when I am not sure.

By the way, any ETA for the update ?

Gérard

PS : You can see under my avatar that the order number is specified (since december 2014)!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi. Plasi works fine in FSX:SE and Prepar3D. In FSX:SE I had to use some texture tweaks. I thought this solution would work fine also in FSX. The FSX engine does not support viewing PLASI and runway lighting through custom ground polygons (used in Narvik). In such cases the most common solution is to make a hole in the ground polygon in the areas where PLASI are located. It proves to be a problem in Narvik because the runway are located on a very limited terrain with steep slopes in all directions, and I dont´t have enough room to cut in the GP without destroying the airport terrain model. So unfortunately I can not see any solution to this in FSX.

1 hour ago, Tore Stranden said:

So unfortunately I can not see any solution to this in FSX.

I am very sorry to read that :(

Concerning to 2 other points mentionned in this post

any new information and target date ?

Thanks - Gérard

6 hours ago, Tore Stranden said:

An update may be in place within 2 weeks.
Runway starting point will be fixed, that's for sure.

Thanks for your answer. I will wait quietly :)

Gérard

Archived