How to install FTX Trees / FTX Vector manually

DMIKE

Hi there,

i've purchased FTX Trees and FTX Vector today but i cannot install them via FTX Central because WIn10 like to search for a program in the app store to open it.

I have already installed FTX Central on my PC with Orbx Base. Because i have no idea how to tell Win10 that i want to open it with FTX Central, i've

downloaded these files manually. After downloading them i've got multiple zip files. Can anyone tell me what i should do with these zip files and how to install the applications for P3D ?

Best regards

Fabian

I assume you now have Central 3? If so there is a method but I need to know if your 2 new downloads are now in separate folders?

You can go to the DirectStore and it should show under Your Account, your 2 new products. Take the files that belong to the product and make a new folder called Vector or HD Trees depending on which you instal first.

Click on one of them and choose the Open in FTX Central option. It will then open Central and there will be an Install option in Orange. Click on that and choose the Install from a manual download and point to the folder in which that particular product is in. It will then install.

It may be very difficult to know which zip files belong to which product, but there should be sufficient info as the zip files will have a time stamp on them.

If that fails due to your 2 downloads being in one folder or just loose zip files, I can only suggest a redownload via Central. time you made the download. Take the files that belong to the product and make a new folder called Vector or HD Trees depending on which you instal first. Choose the install option, Download, install and make a backup copy. If you don't want a back up you can always delete it afterwards. Make sure you create a new folder somewhere convenient and call it Vector and the other FTX Trees. Then you can point the Vector download, install & back up to the new Vector folder. Same applies to FTX Trees, same process.

Hi there,

no i have only FTX Central 2 on my pc which i've got with FTX Base.

I've klicked on manual downloads (1x for orbx trees, 1x for orbx vector) via my orbx account.

These downloads are 2 seperate big zip files (1x for ftx trees , 1x for ftx vector). Both zip files are currently under the download folder of win10. 

Archived