PNW Pacific Northwest - road crossing KSEA Seattle airport

wulfbindewald

Hi there,

there seems to cross an "illuminated" road the runway at the end of the KSEA airport, which is only visible at night. During day all seems ok, please see the day and night pics below.

Besides PNW V1.80 only Open LC NA is activated (low prio in scenery.cfg). No Vector. No dependence on FTXC2 or FTXC3.

Open LC NA deactivation temporary in the scenery lib does not solve this.

Any help is appreciated.

Wulf

ksea_day.jpg

ksea_night.jpg

Hello,

I am not seeing this at KSEA, have you got any 3rd party software installed for this area other than FTX? Please if you could shed some light as to your insertion points? Please explain what you mean by this

2 hours ago, wulfbindewald said:

No dependence on FTXC2 or FTXC3

Hi Wulf,

There is a road passing under rwy 34R where you see the lights and while we can keep the road from showing during the day it appears that the "lighting" associated with the road doesn't know to stay buried!!

Cheers, Neil

Road under KSEA Rwy 34R.jpg

4 hours ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Hello,

I am not seeing this at KSEA, have you got any 3rd party software installed for this area other than FTX? Please if you could shed some light as to your insertion points? Please explain what you mean by this " No dependence on FTXC2 or FTXC3 "

The insertion point is correctly located and above the OLC entries. No other software installed around KSEA. No payware AI traffic.

I have observed the anomaly with the (now older) FTXCentral 2 and the brandnew FTXC3 version. The mandatory migration process was flawless a few weeks ago.

What can be done to avoid this phenomen explained above? 

Wulf

UPDATE: Maybe this helps....the culprit seems to be the OLC lights. If I deactivate FTX_NA_!OLC_LIGHTS in the scenery lib, then the wrong street lights on the airport disappear and Seattle looks normal again. The FTX_NA_!OLC_LIGHTS entry is located within the FTX block below the airport sceneries and above the region entries.

Could this be corrected?

Wulf

• 2 weeks later...

Archived