Orbx Products and VFR Scenery

MAAJR57

I just read the Product Guide and I still have some questions. I am using Orbx Southern California Regional scenery to fly VFR and using Skyvector for charts and I am not seeing VFR waypoints. I realize that much of the scenery is some form of autogen but you say the Land Class module has the hand placed scenery.  If I was to buy Orbx Global Base, Vector and Land class, would I then see VFR waypoints represented on FAA charts in my Orbx scenery or is the Southern California Regional Scenery already as complete and as good as I can expect. Don't get me wrong, I think the scenery looks great but I think VFR waypoints on FAA charts should be a top priority for inclusion in the scenery for ll of us VFR pilots. If your flying a 747 at FL30, the only scenery that really matters is the airports.

Not really the same problem. Check to see if you are at a default airport or one with Orbx scenery. I don't remember seeing any airports for PR from Orbx. Try downloading the Orbx Freeware airport pack for comparison although it doesn't have PR airports. Google "fsx puerto rico scenery" and download some airports. Good Luck.

Hi there MAAJR57, with the release of FTXCentralV3, you would be beast advised to post your question in the Orbx Payware Support forum. This being the General Forum, I am afraid that your topic will not be seen by the right people. As a user of the FTX SoCal region pack, I can assure you that there are many VFR reference points all over the place. I fly mostly VFR in the SoCal scenery, and I am not quite sure what you are thinking you are missing. But anyway, post over in the Payware support area and you should get a more definitive answer than mine. 

Thx Sniper31. Emmy and Eva Oil Platforms are missing. I'm doing a flight tour now looking for others. Found Huntington Beach Pier and Queen Mary and Vincent Thomas Bridge. Can't find the Water Tank, (VPLWT). Suggestion for Orbx: Make category in FTX SCA Coverage for FAA VFR Waypoints shown on Terminal and sectional charts. The 4 Stacks by WKHP are just one stack! Couldn't find the Shopping Center or the Veterans Hospital, but just to be fair, I don't know what they look like.

Archived