Diagnostic report

Hitman2

Hi Flight sim,

I don't know where to post this but I just had FTX Central 2 do a Diagnostic reporter on my pc and It gave me a code to send to ORBX staff.

Here is the code

ot356da086e0db0294ab1c3e2e8d7496f2

I also get a message in FTX central saying '' Unable to locate the scenery.cfg file.

Unable to locate the scenery.cfg file.''

Don't know why I'm getting this message but none of the installed airports are shown  in the FSX sim besides the Australian scenery.

Can anyone help me?

Unfortunately the diagnostic report reader is broken.

I am assuming that you have FSX Steam Edition installed?

I expect that your FTX Central is writing to a scenery.cfg file that your simulator is not reading.

If you look in your ProgramData\Microsoft folder, do you see folders named FSX or FSX-SE or

both?

I believe It's FSX by itself according where FSX is installed in steam. Also, is there way to uninstall ORBX off FSX completely then reinstall it again to make sim recognize it? If so, do I just delete files in ORBX in FSX directory or is it more to that?

Re-installing the Orbx products will not solve the problem if FTX Central is writing 

to a scenery.cfg file in a folder that FSX Steam Edition is not reading.

You will need to look in ProgramData\Microsoft\and look for folders named FSX and/or FSX-SE.

Each contains a scenery.cfg file and if for example, FTX Central is writing to the one in FSX and

FSX Steam is looking at the one in FSX-SE, you will still see no Orbx scenery.

Here a screen shot whats inside of program data/Microsoft looks likegikgg.PNG

My FSX Steam is usually installed on a Portable Hard drive, not normally on C drive where it normally goe's, so I don't know If that affect anything with program data/ Microsoft.

I did look inside each folder and I did not see any FSX or FSX-SE inside of them.

Only file that is empty is Scenery Cache but the rest have files in it.

Archived