[P3D v3.4.9] FTX SCO hills displaying default lighting

stufer

Hello

I noticed a couple of days ago when flying to Aberdeen (EGPD) at night, that some of the snow-capped hills SW of the airport show what appears to be default light textures. I first thought I had migration issues so I checked the MigrationTroubleshooter.exe and there were some files from FTX Global missing. So I forced migration and the troubleshooter said all files had now migrated correctly. But the issue still persisted with these hills. I reinstalled Scotland and forced migration again but the lights are still showing.

I'm using P3D v3.4.9.

The co-ordinates are N 56° 57.87'  W 2° 54.20'

Here are a couple of screenshots to show what I'm talking about:

2016-10-25_20-2-14-778_zps6zwhax8h.png

2016-10-25_20-1-56-407_zps36ucmp1u.png

There are no towns or villages there and the lights are not like FTX ones anyway as there are no 3d lights above them. Does anyone else see this at all?

Cheers,

Stu.

Hi Richard

Thank you very much for looking at this. Glad to see it is not an error with my install specifically. By the way, I couldn't see any problems around there in the daytime - looks like it's just some default night textures 'bleeding through'.

Cheers

Stu

Hi Richard

Yes I have it in more areas - there's also a large area of these lights to the south of that but a fair distance. I think there was some on the west coast too but I wasn't sure - I spotted them through cloud and thought they might be part of an industrial town. It was only when I saw them on the hills with clearly no town around that I realised something wasn't quite right.

Here is my library insertion points - apart from Orbx, I only have MyTraffic, some ship traffic and UK2000 airports.

Capture_zps1mxfqllh.png

Further below that is just default except for the usual Vector and Pilots 2010 FTX edition mesh entries.

Let me know if you need any further details.

Cheers

Stu

Archived