FTX Global textures blurry after I update

MaximusPrime

Good evening,

This weekend I ran several updates suggested by FTX Central 2, plus I downloaded and installed FTX Vector 1.4 and 1.45.

Now when I am flying most of my textures, mostly cities, towns and forests are really blurry and do not render correctly.

I changed my settings up and down, even de- and increased texture max load. Locking my frames at 30 brought them to

render, but very late, as I was already overflying that area.

Only when flying at high altitudes, starting at about 7,000ft AGL, the textures are looking good.

I hope this can be fixed.

Regards

Max

PS: Feel free to move this Post if this is the wrong thread or link it to a similar one.

2016-9-26_19-30-16-667.jpg

2016-9-26_19-36-22-322.jpg

2016-9-26_19-38-1-529.jpg

I also have blurred textures which occured ot of a sudden in the middle of a flight and now don't go away anymore. The area under the plane looks good, but then in the close distance it blurres, no matter what LOD Radius I set. I'm using P3D V3.4. Also the fps drop down to 10 fps even in desolated areas of Canada.

2016-9-28_22-21-31-432.jpg

Hello Max,

I would like to run some tests in this area if you could please provide coordinates, however my experience with this kind of issue is normally attributed to either your hardware or your density sliders and or (traffic- Cloud detail radius) ect ect can have a hit on ones system.It may also be beneficial to backup and refresh your cfg file (without tweaks)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Richard,

I figured out, that my textures are also blurry when I am not using ORBX textures. Photoreal textures from other publishers are also blurry. I deleted my fsx.cfg (of course backed it up), problem remained the same. I moved all sliders into all different positions, the problem remains the same. 

Pictures were taken after a departure of runway 28 at LSZH foolowed by a Landing on runway 14 at LSZH.

Hello Max,

4 hours ago, MaximusPrime said:

I figured out, that my textures are also blurry when I am not using ORBX textures. Photoreal textures from other publishers are also blurry.

Please take a look at the below post, not sure if it will help, I do not have this blurry issue at the given location, and I wonder if this an Orbx related issue as quoted above.

Archived