FTX Central failed to insert FTX England in FSX library

skypointer

I have downloaded FTX EU England  to add to an otherwise unmodified FSX Steam.

I unzipped the files in accordance with the instructions. I downloaded FTX Central and followed the instructions to add the scenery to FSX but no matter what I do, FTX does not appear in the Library. In other words the orange FTX does not appear anywhere in the Library Insertion Point Screen and the scenery does not appear in the FSX  scenery list.

In the process I downloaded all the updates I was offered.

My PC is a brand new Chillblast Fusion Raptor with W10 

I have spent hours reading this forum, ORBX FTX definitive guide, and the product manual but cannot find a solution to the problem.

My order number is FSS0523628

Hello and welcome to the forums.

I wonder if you used the FSX installer or the FSX Steam Edition one?

I could be that the scenery library entries are being written into a folder

that your simulator is not reading.

Can you have a look in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft and see if there are FSX and FSX-SE

folders?

Dear Nick

Than you for responding.

I looked in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft. I can find no folders labelled FSX-SE  but one labelled FSX containing 3 sub folders, one labelled Scenery Cache which is empty. The other folders are Facilities and SceneryIndexes.There are 3 CFG files and one BIN file all very small.

I hope that sheds some light on the situation

Regards

Robert

Dear Nick

I had another crack at FTX Central  and although I don't know what I did differently this time but the orange FTX  is now where it should be at the top of the scenery list and I can now see FTX EU England in the simulator. Much better than the original and well worth paying for. Sorry to put you to any trouble but it looks like the problem is solved.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Robert

Archived