Anyone running P3D 3.4 on i7-2700k @4.6, GTX680,Z97 or similar?

Ziggy

Thinking about taking the plunge into P3D again (I've got V2 and didn't care to much for it in the end) I use FSX (boxed) DX10 (fixer) it's running so darn good but still want to get P3D V3 if it makes sense, so I'm just wondering what experiences those with similar systems to mine are having in V3

Obviously a new system would be ideal but my old gal is running so darn good I can't seem to let her go just yet so I'm going to hang on to her for a bit longer.

I do know about P3Ds refund policy but would still like some opinions before possibly diving in :)

Cheers,

Greg Z

Maybe it helps you: I run P3D3 on a i7-2600/3.4GHz + GTX 970/4GB system with pretty (read: too) high settings and it does quite well. This includes all ORBX stuff and some formidable airports like FT Toronto.

I had a GTX 780 but switched to the 970 when I bought a 3440x1440 widescreen monitor.

There are a few caveats: I only fly GA and I use a networked machine for a number of addons and I have no panel on display (I use a hardware panel).

P3D runs pretty well if you do NOT throw a host of tweaks upon it. You can play with HT on/off and AM, though:

http://www.codelegend.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=532

I use HT off and no AM

Kind regards, Michael

22 minutes ago, pmb said:

Maybe it helps you: I run P3D3 on a i7-2600/3.4GHz + GTX 970/4GB system with pretty (read: too) high settings and it does quite well. This includes all ORBX stuff and some formidable airports like FT Toronto.

I had a GTX 780 but switched to the 970 when I bought a 3440x1440 widescreen monitor.

There are a few caveats: I only fly GA and I use a networked machine for a number of addons and I have no panel on display (I use a hardware panel).

P3D runs pretty well if you do NOT throw a host of tweaks upon it. You can play with HT on/off and AM, though:

http://www.codelegend.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=532

I use HT off and no AM

Kind regards, Michael

Thank you Michael :)

I must admit, when I took the plunge with P3D I had lots of problems many of which the guys here helped me to resolve.  Noiw it works just fine.

However, like you I had FSX working really well, and ok, again like you I had to augment it with Steve's Fixer, REX and all the other stuff but I really liked it.  But, I finally gave in knowing that P3D was the future in much the same way as FS9 (unfortunately) had to bite the dust in favour of FSX.

The good thing about coming to P3Dv3 whatever now is that most of the developers, scenery, aircraft, weather etc.,,  have finally caught up and their products are suitable for it.

On the whole, I think I like P3D very marginally better than FSX, but it is marginally for me although others here will rave about it.

Look at it this way.  FSX is dead so you're going to have to come to P3D eventually anyway.  Why not now when most of the wrinkles have been ironed out? 

Hope I've helped.

John

Archived