YMML gate E8

gumbypickett

13 minutes ago, capt sl said:

do the  virgin aircraft park at   other E gates?

did you check at  times like early in morning  or late at night  

Yes they do park at other E gates also now including Tiger Air terminal

which is ok as F11 and F13 are used there. I have checked early am and late pm E8

is in use very very late, but throughout main operating hours it remains empty. Having

explored further I am thinking E10 is the same.

i just checked the APX file using ADE and found that E8 has an allocation code of (001,VOZ ) so that's why virgin aircraft which would have VOZ as its parking code aren't using that as preference( until theres no more space in gates which have voz as 1st code) as it would choose gates which have code VOZ as 1st code in gate

Ok so in layman's terms is this an error or something

that can be fixed because I'm not one for messing around

with files etc that I don't understand, I prefer to play it safe.

Also I've noticed no Jetstar 787s at the maintenance hanger.

They are at either gates or parking bays now. Perhaps I'm  over

observant. But these are changes I've only noticed since the YMML patch.

im not sure whats happened . if the APX file has changed from original YMML v3 to now in the patch . perhaps someone from ORBX can clarify.  as i mentioned above there is no parking spot made for E10  so no aircraft will ever park there . it seems E8 gate radius  has been increased to accommodate the virgin A330  and also the angle of parking  and therefore E10 was removed as the planes would overlap

i modified the original APX to suit my AI parking  as i use different codes etc and i kept that  and E10 is present in that

with Jetstar 787 the aircraft parking code in the aircraft. cfg is JSA and there are gates allocated with  JSA which are much closer in listed order than the one at the hangar which is listed as 001, 002, QFAX, JST, JSA, QFA which is 5th    so that's why its parking at the gates first

i know this must all sound confusing LOL

Confusing yes ha ha  I'm almost tempted to go back to ymml before

the patch was installed, only it had that dark ground texturing east of RW27 which was annoying.

Hopefully and I mean hopefully, this parking issue can be fixed because its a fantastic airport, which

I use all the time.:(

cheers

Gumby

Archived