Problems in Idaho bush country

mauiguy

I enjoy bush flying in the "River of no Return" area of central Idaho. However, a new problem has just surfaced. I have found four airstrips I cannot use -- 85U, 09ID, I98D and 12ID. If I try to start at any of those strips, as soon as I hit "Fly Now", FSX immediately stops and I am returned to the desktop. When I look at the Event Viewer, it says "module unknown". I have managed to find two nearby airports that are fine, S81 and ID67. After many hours of experimentation, I find that if I disable ORBX CRM, everything is fine. After discovering this, I uninstalled CRM and re-downloaded and installed it with no issues. However, once I try those airfields again, the same problem occurs. Flying anywhere else in the world (except KFHR area . . . see my other post), everything works like a charm with excellent frame rates and no problems whatsoever. Thank you in advance for any help you might provide. I am just an old man trying to relive my flying days.

Did you install the latest library files => OrbxLibs

When done that then run the migration tool available under the troubleshooting tab of FTX Central v2

Once you run the migration tool there will be popping up several MsDos screens

It can take a bit of time, but please wait till a little pop up appears that the migration is complete

Hit OK

To check if it went correctly use the migration troubleshooter => ".....\ORBX\Troubleshooter\MigrationTroubleshooter.exe

Wait till it does it's thing and the msDos screen will give green text behind the various sceneries

Here is what I have done:

1. Installed latest OrbxLibs.

2. Ran Migration Troubleshooter . . . it found two areas with missing files: PFJ08 and EU_LC_09. Re-downloaded and installed both. Ran Migration tool and then Troubleshooter once again and all came back OK.

3. Re-built scenery.cfg almost from scratch. If I disable NA_CRM05_Scenery, it works OK.

I am running out of ideas, but my other problem is even more troublesome (see KFHR loading problem).

What else can I try?

Archived