How do you activate Orbx PNW region and Global and Vector

Hello, all.  I am a newbie when it comes to Flight Sims, but I have been playing computer and video games for over twenty years.  I assemble my own Windows gaming machines and currently have my Windows 10 machine running since July 2015.  I can run every game on Ultra resolution.  Yes, I did spend too much on this build. :( Double my usual budget.    I purchased FSX-SE just recently and decided I would like to upgrade the visuals and so I purchased Orbx Pacific Northwest since I live in Seattle.  The game installed in a FSX folder as it should.  I do not have any other version.  I have not been able to get FSX to start with the new scenery add ons.  Later I bought and installed Orbx Base and Orbx Vector.  There were no problems installing the add ons.  They seem to be in the proper folders.  No error messages are given.  I have FTX 2 Central version 2.1.6060.39190  I can easily start FSX normally and it runs and plays fine.  However, how do I activate the better Orbx add on scenery like PNW?  I have seen online in Orbx forums images of a prior version of FTX Central  with an Apply Group button where you are told to click the button to apply the scenery and then start FSX.  My version does not have that button.  I have clicked and even double clicked on the PNW label under FTX Regions and the mouse pointer turns to a blue circle for a couple seconds then I go and start FSX and it still starts up using the older FSX graphics.  I have also tried clicking and then shutting down FTX 2 Central and then starting FSX but that does not help.  How do I activate Orbx PNW region or even Global and Vector?  I would love to play the sim with the great graphics that the Orbx team has created.  Kudos to you creative guys at Orbx and to anyone who can help me.  The Youtube videos of the game look great with Orbx add ons.   I have looked at other topics here in the Forum with a similar problem but not a solution to my problem.  Plus those were people who had a boxed and Steam version conflicting with each other, but I only have the Steam version in its own FSX folder.  Any help is always greatly appreciated.  Thank you all!

Hi TrailHiker, Welcome to these forums! :)

Try the process in the below link and see if it works out for you. There is no longer an "Activate Region" button, after the below process, FTX Central will auto activate anything that needs to be activated.

Cheers

Doug

Archived