Just purchased FTX Global and FTX ESSA

urgeflaske

...and im not happy.

This is how it looks like in P3D:

JqE9I4T.jpg

And this is IRL:

8Q5UN4G.jpg

Thats like so far apart from eachother i dont even know where to start. Like where did that huge city on the left come from?

Is this how it supposed to be like or have i done something wrong?

Hello,

firstly just for validation purposes, can you confirm what your previous forum name was (pe******)?

I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with the sceneries you have. With Arlanda we decided on a fairly small coverage area, as is the norm for large airports, to keep performance within reasonable bounds.

You can hopefully see that the area immediately surrounding the airport is exactly as it is in real life. 

FTX Global is a texture upgrade to your default Landclass, and is therefore required for blending purposes. In order to get rid of the city, you will need a vector addon, there should be something on Flightsim.com/Avsim, but I can highly recommend FTX OLC EU. 

I do however fully understand that having bought both products you expect a better portrayal of the entire surrounding area, we will certainly discuss this, and I'll get back to you in the near future.

Hello,

I think your comment is a little harsh, given that everything to the right of the main road in

your screen shot looks exactly the same as it does in the Google Earth image.

You are seeing a direct contrast between photo scenery surrounding the airport and disorganised

default landclass to the left of the main road.

I would like to add this screen shot which shows how FTX Open LandClass Europe

re-arranges the FTX Global textures to better reflect what is there in the real world.

You can see also that the contrast is much less marked and that the two types of scenery actually are blended rather well.

2016_9_8_21_51_44_412.jpg

13 minutes ago, Philip Schall said:

Hello,

firstly just for validation purposes, can you confirm what your previous forum name was (pe******)?

I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with the sceneries you have. With Arlanda we decided on a fairly small coverage area, as is the norm for large airports, to keep performance within reasonable bounds.

You can hopefully see that the area immediately surrounding the airport is exactly as it is in real life. 

FTX Global is a texture upgrade to your default Landclass, and is therefore required for blending purposes. In order to get rid of the city, you will need a vector addon, there should be something on Flightsim.com/Avsim, but I can highly recommend FTX OLC EU. 

I do however fully understand that having bought both products you expect a better portrayal of the entire surrounding area, we will certainly discuss this, and I'll get back to you in the near future.

Thanks for fast response.

My forum name has always been the one im using now.

Ok, that makes sense. So by buying FTX OLC EU, the scenery will look more like it does irl?

2 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I think your comment is a little harsh, given that everything to the right of the main road in

your screen shot looks exactly the same as it does in the Google Earth image.

You are seeing a direct contrast between photo scenery surrounding the airport and disorganised

default landclass to the left of the main road.

I would like to add this screen shot which shows how FTX Open LandClass Europe

re-arranges the FTX Global textures to better reflect what is there in the real world.

You can see also that the contrast is much less marked and that the two types of scenery actually are blended rather well.

2016_9_8_21_51_44_412.jpg

That picture looks better. But still doesnt look like the real world.

I always had the impression that FTX Global would make the simulator look like it does in the real world, but i guess i was wrong.

So again, by buying opelLC, everything will look more like the real world?

Archived