blurry textures

MotoDave

3 of these shots are from a stationary vehicle, there's no movement to distract from performance.

Recommended orbx settings,

textures caught up,

no FFTF being used,  

migration successful. 

It looks like one of many, low-res textures, and looking top down it looks very lo-res.

• 2 months later...

I had this problem before with OLC Europe. When I had only FTX Global installed everything looked fine, no blurry. But as soon as I installed OLC everything turned blurry again. Yesterday I read some posts here and a solution that seemes to have worked for me was to change Affinity mask to 249. Now my OLC Europe looks good and sharp. I've done two testflights and it seems to be working. I also lower the LOD radius to 3.5. 

On 22. 11. 2016 at 3:13 PM, Eric Rådstam said:

I had this problem before with OLC Europe. When I had only FTX Global installed everything looked fine, no blurry. But as soon as I installed OLC everything turned blurry again. Yesterday I read some posts here and a solution that seemes to have worked for me was to change Affinity mask to 249. Now my OLC Europe looks good and sharp. I've done two testflights and it seems to be working. I also lower the LOD radius to 3.5. 

I have same problems. Bought and installed 3 orbx scenery packaces today (global, vector, and openlc europe). I have very blurry textures even when I pause the game. Any help would be appreciated because it was costly even with great sale and well it is really frustrating spend all that money for product which gives you something different than you expected from screenshots.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

3 hours ago, Eric Rådstam said:

For me everything works now! AF 249 seems to have fix things, I even notice an small increase in performance, it is worth a try! My sim looked even worse than yours before!

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

You cant be serious. This product is expensive and should have appropriate support. People are expecting quality and they will get blurry textures and no support at all. It is really frustrating.

You cant be serious. This product is expensive and should have appropriate support. People are expecting quality and they will get blurry textures and no support at all. It is really frustrating.

I agree! However I got the solution from orbx forums, but not from an official orbx person I think. A lot of people have this issue... If I only use global everything was sharp whitout any special tweaks

1 hour ago, Eric Rådstam said:

I agree! However I got the solution from orbx forums, but not from an official orbx person I think. A lot of people have this issue... If I only use global everything was sharp whitout any special tweaks

I just checked all the screenshots from ftx global only. And well I dont have this quality and I'm using all the recommended settings. I dont understand it. I would like to have that quality which is in their screenshots in the gallery and I cant have it - why? I was tweaking the cfg file for the last 5 hours and it is still blurry AF.

I just checked all the screenshots from ftx global only. And well I dont have this quality and I'm using all the recommended settings. I dont understand it. I would like to have that quality which is in their screenshots in the gallery and I cant have it - why? I was tweaking the cfg file for the last 5 hours and it is still blurry AF.

How did you tweak the cfg? What did you add? I use simstarter ng for tweaking and only activate the scenery I actually are going to use, maybe that helps too. I have FSX:SE IF I didn't wrote that before.

2 hours ago, Petermuc said:

Overlord, what are your system specs, FSX, FSX Steam, Prepar3d, what settings withhin the simulator? Without these informations, nobody

can really help you.

Peter

FSX. Recommended settings by orbx guide. W7, i5-2500k @ 4.0GHz, 16GB ram, classic HDD's, nvidia GF GTX960. I'm not a greenhorn. I play fsx for 3 + years and spent hours to find the best settings for me, to have quality, no oom errors and decent fps. Spent hours watchings fsx tweaking videos on youtube, nvidia inspector tweaking all of these. Using all the needed fixes like affinitymask, highmemfix, fiber fraction, fps limiter, everything. So why I cant get the quality which orbx presents in their screenshots :/

FSX. Recommended settings by orbx guide. W7, i5-2500k @ 4.0GHz, 16GB ram, classic HDD's, nvidia GF GTX960. I'm not a greenhorn. I play fsx for 3 + years and spent hours to find the best settings for me, to have quality, no oom errors and decent fps. Spent hours watchings fsx tweaking videos on youtube, nvidia inspector tweaking all of these. Using all the needed fixes like affinitymask, highmemfix, fiber fraction, fps limiter, everything. So why I cant get the quality which orbx presents in their screenshots :/

If you only have FTX global installed, what does it look like? With your specs you should have clear textures

If you only have FTX global installed, what does it look like? With your specs you should have clear textures

It looks like this without the LC orbx files near Amsterdam.

2016-11-26_22-1-51-887.jpg

2016-11-26_22-2-4-891.jpg

2016-11-26_22-2-13-208.jpg

2016-11-26_22-4-15-622.jpg

2016-11-26_22-5-10-233.jpg

2016-11-26_22-7-7-638.jpg

2016-11-26_22-7-20-122.jpg

I'm only watching on my phone so it's hard to tell, but it does look better, sharper, than with olc europe installed. That was my exact problem too, but you did not see any changes with affinity mask 249?

I dont think that the affinitymask 249 is for me. I have quad core with HT off which is 14 and if I would have HT on it is 84 and I dont want to have HT on. Yes it is better without the LC scenery and thank you for trying to help me. You really do job which should be done by orbx staff :)

I dont think that the affinitymask 249 is for me. I have quad core with HT off which is 14 and if I would have HT on it is 84 and I dont want to have HT on. Yes it is better without the LC scenery and thank you for trying to help me. You really do job which should be done by orbx staff [emoji4]

I think you should try the AFM, maybe it solves the problem! Good luck [emoji2]

42 minutes ago, Petermuc said:

Why don't give HT with AFM= 249 (241) a try? It solved my problem with LC Europe. With " I dont think that the affinitymask 249 is for me" you not gonna

take your chances.;).

Peter

Well you have to understand what is behind the AFM number. I cant use number which is not for 4core CPU's. Moreover I used HT before and I had performance issues not only in fsx but in other games too. + it is recommended by overclocking guide to have HT off.

3 hours ago, Eric Rådstam said:

I think you should try the AFM, maybe it solves the problem! Good luck emoji2.png

I cant use your afm number is not for 4 core cpus. Another great quality with open LC activated... This happens when you switch from airport to different airport or you use faster simulation rate like x8 or x16 that it will cause blurry but I have it with no need to switch between airports/planes. This makes me sick

222.jpg

333.jpg

444.jpg

Archived