Temporarily disabling all ORBX

Remko

Is there a way of temporarily disabling anything Orbx?

Background: I have invested in the Flight1 G1000, which is running on a separate PC. All that's required on my P3Dv3 PC is a special network module as well as some special Flight1 aircraft. However, whenever I have their network module loaded, I get a panels.dll crash, sometimes within a minute, sometimes only after 2 hours, but it will always crash eventually. Without loading their network module, I can fly for days.

I logged a support ticket with them and they came back suggesting to 'disable ORBX' (and anything A2A, and FSUIPC). This is clearly not something I want to do, but I do want to test and see if any incompatibility exists.

Having spent over a month troubleshooting this issue, including a full reinstall including Windows, I am not keen to remove Orbx to test this given the time and effort to reinstall again.

Many thanks

Remko

Hi,

For your test, you can unstick FTX entries into your Scenery Library. Except for Objectflow where a dll is needed, other FTX features don't use dll so disabling ORBX is totally useless and won't help anything to solve your problem with your G1000 module

Do you have all of the simconnect libraries installed? I think there are four in total. They don't conflict with each other, so can all be installed on the same system.

Also - does the G1000 require a full version of FSUIPC, Wide FS - or nothing FSUIPC-related at all?

Adam.

Hi Adam - no I only installed one simconnect (...FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\Lib). Would there be a reason to install all.

And no, they do not rely on FSUIPC/WideFS (both I own fully), in fact they suggest to disable it in their support answer.

Also thanks Richard, I will try to disable the objectflow.dll, and I agree with your suggestion that disabling ORBX scenery is unlikely to make a difference. It's hard when vendors refer to other products when you ask for help...

Thanks again for both your suggestions

Remko

Remko - I know next to nothing about the G1000, but here's an extract from Rob Ainscough's P3D Guide:

"SimConnect is a core utility used by many 3rd party add-on providers to enhance and enrich their products interaction with P3D.
Unfortunately, there are several versions of SimConnect which require separate installation. P3D also has it’s own “built in” SimConnect version that does not require a separate installation, however, this requires to add-on to be created specifically for P3D and ONLY P3D. Because of this, not many 3rd party vendor use this process for SimConnect and stick with the most common SimConnect client which is FSX-SP2-XPACK version.
For compatibility reasons, many 3rd party vendors select a version of SimConnect that will work in multiple versions of ESP based flight simulators (meaning FS2004, FSX, FSX-SE, P3D V1, V2, V3).
The separate SimConnect client installs can be found under the root of your P3D install folder"

"Fortunately, all of SimConnect clients can be installed without any conflicts and no detriment to the performance"

1) [...]\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi (SimConnect Client v10.0.61259.0)

2) [...]\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi       (SimConnect Client v10.0.61242.0)

3) [...]\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv3\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi       (SimConnect Client v10.0.60905.0)

4) [...]\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv3\redist\Interface\ESPv1\SimConnect.msi                    (SimConnect Client v1.0.20.0)

You never know, it may help!

Adam.

Archived