FTX AU and YMML disappearing from Library

tommmy

Hiya there,

I recently purchased Orbx Melbourne and Orbx Australia and I am having the problem that when I installed Orbx Australia and Orbx Melbourne they were added to my scenery library manually (P3D V3.3). However when I reopen my sim the next day they have disappeared from my scenery library (having moved my FTX AU to above my FTX OPEN LC EU). The same occured with all of my airport sceneries including Orbx YMML, LDDU, ESSA and KPSP?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Hi Jeff,

Not quite sure what you mean by 'in your P3D installation' but I can tell you that the folders/files for those Orbx Products still exist in my P3D root folder inside of the folder 'ORBX'. Plus, Orbx Global Base and Orbx EU LC are and have always been in my scenery library. The Orbx Libs is still in my scenery library also.

Regards

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the confirmation, and yes I was referring to ORBX folder in the P3D root folder. Since you have confirmed the existence of the ORBX folder and other Orbx product folders and files remain happily inplace, it kind of blows my theory.

As to why the scenery.cfg keeps loosing those entries, I wonder if you have an Admin permissions problem over your P3D installation folder, which is preventing the configuration files from retaining those scenery.cfg entries.  I wonder why Australia and Melbourne needed to be added to the scenery library manually, the installer should do this for you in an automated process.

FTXCentral Scenery Library Insertion Points tool should also reflect the presence of FTX (Regions, Airports, O Library) OLC  (OLC_EU, OLC_NA)

To give your P3D Installation folder sub-folders and files full admin permissions, Right click on the P3D installation folder select "Properties" choose from the "General" tab > uncheck the Attributes : Read-only . click "apply" > bullit the "apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files" > click "OK" to run the routine > when finished click "OK" to close the "Properties" dialog.

You should at this stage re-run the installers for the missing scenery library products, the installers should add them to the scenery library through an automated process and configure them in their correct locations within the library order.

When finished you should open FTXCentral at least once, let it sync your products then close FTXCentral.  Start your sim, database rebuild and confirm the presence of your Orbx entries in Scenery Library. (Take a screen pic post it back here)

Note: as you will see by my sig below, I don't use P3D and am completely unfamiliar with the inner workings of P3Dv3.3, if you are still experiencing problems with disappearing Orbx  Scenery Library entries, then I will leave you in the capable/knowledgeable hands of Orbx Staff P3Dv3.3 experts. Hopefully they will point out any shortfall in my troubleshoot and advise on a solution to your issue.  

Hiya there Jeff,

Currently going through all of the processes you have sent me on and thank you very much! One of the sceneries I am reinstalling is Palm Springs, now when I run the exe it comes up with an error 'Setup can not create following folder- /ORBX/Scripts. Now I do understand that Palm Springs is one of your older airports and when selecting the sim that I am currently running on I selected P3D V2 (closest to my 3.3). I believe the first time I used it I had the 'Estonia Migration Tool' running so then it was tricked to think that I had FSX and all worked okay until it and many other sceneries dissapeared. I will let you know what else happens along the way.

Tom

I have tried reinstalling, YMML, ORBX AU LC, LDDU, ESSA and Orbx Libs. They're all syncing into FTX Central (I ran the program before opening P3D). The database rebuilt however when I got in the sim nothing was there from any of those sceneries. The exact same before I even tried reinstalling them.

I can only find order numbers in your account for the following:

FTX: Global BASE
FTX: Global openLC Europe
FTX: EU ESSA Stockholm Arlanda Airport
FTX: Trees HD

As you mention a few other products could you please provide your order numbers for them?

Thanks for your help so far Jeff, but we will wait for those order numbers now.

On 7 September 2016 at 6:10 AM, tommmy said:

I have tried reinstalling, YMML, ORBX AU LC, LDDU, ESSA and Orbx Libs. They're all syncing into FTX Central (I ran the program before opening P3D). The database rebuilt however when I got in the sim nothing was there from any of those sceneries. The exact same before I even tried reinstalling them.

Still waiting for those order numbers, thanks!

Archived