Melbourne International YMML

mistermoet

Can anyone help with the problem I am having with Melbourne airport - I have just installed the latest version (V3.0) but I was having the same graphics problem with the earlier version as well - this problem has only been occurring with the Melbourne airport- all other airports I have installed are fine

Please find attached 3 screenshots of the problem - any assistance would be appreciated

2016-8-30_21-8-2-396.jpg

2016-8-30_21-8-2-896.jpg

2016-8-30_21-8-3-983.jpg

Do have FTX AU? Do you have Vector?

YMML needs FTX AU. SP4. If you have Vector you need to tick the button in Vector AEC "Settings" which is just to the right of Airport Elevation Corrections. You also then need to manually type into the AEC "AEC is Enabled for" box YMML. If it appears in there click on it and then click on the "disable" bar. It should then appear as disabled.

That should fix your problems if you have the addons I mentioned.

Could you advise on optimum settings in FSX - e.g. Target Frame Rate (although I have learned that this might be a personal trial and error preference)

on the other settings I would like some advice on Mesh and Texture settings

my system is Intel i5 3.8ghz. 16Gb memory GTX970

I am afraid I no longer use FSX only P3D so I cannot comment. I am glad though that I helped your YMML problem.

Regarding TFRate, yes it is an experimental process but start at the default 20fps and work up. Personally I always use Unlimited but as I said it is almost a bespoke setting depending on your system and what kind of detailed scenery you are flying in that determines what fps setting will work for you. If you used 30fps in FTX SCA near KLAX I imagine it would drop to about 3-5fps whereas unlimited might give you 15-20fps.

The basic Test principle is to start low with all your settings and work up, or start high and work down until you get what is satisfactory for your system operating in most areas of your sceneries.

21 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

Do have FTX AU? Do you have Vector?

YMML needs FTX AU. SP4. If you have Vector you need to tick the button in Vector AEC "Settings" which is just to the right of Airport Elevation Corrections. You also then need to manually type into the AEC "AEC is Enabled for" box YMML. If it appears in there click on it and then click on the "disable" bar. It should then appear as disabled.

That should fix your problems if you have the addons I mentioned.

I just installed the YMML upgrade to V3 and found the same problem as OP.  And since I have both FTX AU and Vector, your fix worked for me too (well, after I remembered to press the APPLY button in the Vector control panel :rolleyes:).  You are a champ - thanks a million !

Archived