FTX selling FlightSimStore

Peter

AU BLUE is sold for about 19 Euros by bank to bank transfere it sums up to 52 Euros.

Now my question for the future and next scenery will there also European Sellers be involved?

It would makes the cost reasonable.

Regards Peter

Just as a casual observation from someone that learned some expensive lessons dealing on Ebay with both US and Britain

Bank to Bank transfers were particularly expensive and dare I say it (I have already trusted Adrian with my actual credit card numbers over the 'phone to my total satisfaction and always would) not quite as "safe" as the banks would make you believe (I did have the misfortune to be caught by that one) - I have full confidence that Adrian would always "do the right thing"

I do NOT have a paypal account for my own reasons but my daughters find that reasonably economical dealing again with the US even though the bloody banks never seem to lose on daily fluctuations and of course Paypal adds its little cut - I am a little too paranoid to even consider it

I will NEVER put my credit card numbers on the "net" but have done some quite satisfactory "deals" over the 'phone with people in both Britain and the US that I felt "comfortable with" and apart from our bloody greedy banks having an inverse eye on the daily exchange rates plus of course their "fees" Those transactions have proved economical (sure - I will eventually get "caught" again but certainly NOT by Adrian) - It would be up to you and he to discuss "possibilities"

I will NOT enter into discussions of Orbx policies - that is up to their management decisions - I am just endorsing Adrian and his potential ability to attain perhaps alternative solutions - the "Extra workload" would of course probably carry a cost but I'll bet my left one that he is not as greedy as the bloody banks

My Posted Image

Wow, I live in the USA and my bank only added on .50 cents to the cost, almost nothing, and that is less that I would have paid in taxes if I purchased locally, so worked out well for me.  Thats amazing that it took the price for you up that much. 

Yeah most banks will charge a fee for international bank transfers. I know that when I pay my publishers my bank slogs on a $20 fee just to send the money overseas, which of course has to be recouped somehow. But Peter, seriously if you're uncomfortable with purchasing using a credit card over the internet (which you have no cause to be with The FlightSim Store) then by all means for the next region pack lets touch base and look at other options that maybe wont cost you as much in fees. Always willing to discuss these kinds of things with customers.

My personal  approach is to use a credit card with a very low limit - and pay off quickly to stay outside the interest period.  If anyone steals my number my loss would be small.  However, cross fingers and toes, in a decade purchasing through only the major flightsim houses I have never yet had a problem.

My only bad deal was the one and only time I used Ebay.

A couple of thoughts that may help:

Credit card transaction are safe. Something I learned over the last few weeks is that you can ALWAYS get a chargeback. In fact your credit card company will simply reverse the money from the vendor. So, worst case scenario: someone steals you number, you call your credit card company and reverse charge false transactions. The credit card companies do this because they simply claim the money back from the vendors where the stuff has been bought from. That's why I love credit cards. Of course you do need the discipline to actually stay on top of your 'dept', ie. pay your bills.

A small credit limit doesn't do you any good. I learnt this the hard way a few years ago. It used to be that you can't overcharge your card. The rules changed a few years ago, now you can and what happens is that you get a fine on top. This may depend on your bank...

Hope this helps,

Christian

I don't know if they have this over sea's but,

My credit card is one of those debit credit cards,

I got one exclusively for "on-line" purchasing,

Its very simple, I transfer money from my main account into the debit account than buy what I want

Because the credit card only works if there's money in the account its linked too,

Hence if any of the evils in society ever gotta hold of it, it would be completely useless to them as there would be no money in the account

Personaly I always use a credit card for all on line purchases. I make about two a week on average.  Three companies I deal with actualy hold my card details on file. So I just e-mail them and say send me so and so. I have been dealing this way for over five years and have never had a problem.

I know all the stories of potential dangers, but I think they are slightly exagerated. After all that's what I have a credit card for

Personaly I always use a credit card for all on line purchases. I make about two a week on average.  Three companies I deal with actualy hold my card details on file. So I just e-mail them and say send me so and so. I have been dealing this way for over five years and have never had a problem.

I know all the stories of potential dangers, but I think they are slightly exagerated. After all that's what I have a credit card for

Yes, it is also a position that I take.  As long as my bank has a pretty good policy in respect of these things, I am happy to transact that way.  I believe it is the way of the future, in fact in this instance, the future is here.

Cheers,

This is probably one of my 1st posts on this forum despite being a member for ages (don't say a lot!)... BUT since I've worked in the banking industry for a number of years, I thought I would put my two cents in...

Fear of using credit cards with online stores like Flightsimstore is absolutely unjustified. All Australian banks bear the risk of Credit Card fraud the banks spend millions on fraud protection and recovery systems for this reason. If the merchant has not provided you with the goods and services you paid for via credit card, you are entitled to have the transaction reversed (you generally need to request the reversal within 75 days).. this is a feature of both the Visa & Mastercard schemes.

So going to extra expense just to avoid using a credit card online is completely unnecessary (and those visa debit cards etc usually have very high fees) If you don't belieive me, read the terms & conditions of your credit card. The banks just like to scare people about Credit card fraud simply because it costs them a fortune (which is fair enough). Same thing applies wiht Internet Banking etc.

Guest tennyson57

Hey Guys,

I been bumping around the computer industry for over twenty years and have been doing internet banking for a long time.

I know of people who have had bad experiences and unfortunately I too have had a bad experience (on ebay) with credit card fraud but I honestly believe as has already been said that most of the bad press is unjustified.

The money that I save and the convenience of not having to do bank transfers and such far outweigh the chances of getting ripped off.

As long as you are dealing with reputable people, I think it's as safe as trading in a real store.

There are some great ways to protect yourself, such as has been said about the debit cards and the low limit cards to minimise exposure, so from my point of view, don't limit yourselves.

Bye

Frank

Hi Everybody

I say thank you to all of you. Now I have solved the problem I got a mastercard with a limitted amount of money

and hope this solves my problem in the future.All AU Sceneries are allready bought

Thank You Peter

Well done Peter, good to see you are on your way.  Now for any marital guidance, medical advice and real estate information, please do not hesitate to come back to the Orbx forums anytime  :D

The guys here are really helpful...

Cheers

Archived