Australia (boxed) not loading into steam

piko

OK, sorry if i have placed this in the wrong forum or anything else i have done wrong.

This is my first time back in many, many years and i just cannot figure out the forums.

Basically i have migrated FSX over to steam, purchased a few new (global) orbx scenery/ stuff and they loaded into steam with no problems.

I am now trying one of my many boxed versions of orbx (Australia sp3)  and even after following the instructions with the orbx registry tool it still will not load.

OK i am totally lost so any help is good..............

windows 10 mega ram and lots of storage.

Thanks in advance, peter mclaren

Hi everyone. First let me say...I am a complete novice with computer!

Now my problem is I cannot get my boxed Australia to work on fsx steam.

Basically after placing the disc into the player it says fsx is not present on my computer and closes down.

I have downloaded the orbx register tool but still no Australia. This is really annoying to me as it also means that all of my orbx airports will not load; many hundreds of $$$$.

Please someone help. I posted this earlier into another forum but no reply's.

Sorry if I am posting to the wrong place. I do not understand the forum and never o on them.

Hello Peter and welcome to the forums.

If you have FSX Steam Edition as the only FSX version on your PC, the DVD versions should install

to FSX, as they always did.

If you have both editions or your Windows Registry indicates that you have,

your DVD products will not install into FSX Steam Edition.

If you bought them from the Flight Sim Store, you can return there and buy the download

version at a cost of $0.00.

If you bought them from somewhere else, there is a means to do the same which is

explained in this topic.

Aloha Nick,

I have downloaded the cross grade thing. Photo with newspaper is no problem, i am not sure where i purchased the CD it was a while ago, I should be able to find it buy surching all of the online stores that i purchased from.....many!.

Sorry for my ignorance with the forum. Its all new to me.

Question: do i have to put my order number for all orbx products? i hope not as i have many.

Also how do i setup my profile so that the forum emails me when i have a reply to a post?

Again apologizes for all of the questions. I have been out of flight simming (due to health issues) for quite a few years. I am good to go now and intend to get back into my flight simming.

thanks again, Mahalo Peter 

• 1 month later...
On 1-9-2016 at 7:19 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Peter and welcome to the forums.

If you have FSX Steam Edition as the only FSX version on your PC, the DVD versions should install

to FSX, as they always did.

If you have both editions or your Windows Registry indicates that you have,

your DVD products will not install into FSX Steam Edition.

If you bought them from the Flight Sim Store, you can return there and buy the download

version at a cost of $0.00.

If you bought them from somewhere else, there is a means to do the same which is

explained in this topic.

Hello Nick,

I have also bought years ago the boxed version of Australia SP3, and don't know how to migrate to FSX Steam Edition. Looking the thread above, I don't have permission tot ht eproposed solution. Can you help me?

Many thanks!

Rik

Hello Rik,

If you have only FSX Steam Edition installed, you can treat it as FSX, as shown in this topic and use your existing installer.

At the moment, the cross grade is not on offer but despite the linked topic above, it is planned to

restart as soon as it can be set up.

Archived