PF3 ATC

John York

Well, even though I was tearing my hair out to start with, I persevered with this and am I now glad I did!

It is far and away miles better than the LM ATC (of which they should be ashamed by the way) and I'm thoroughly enjoying my flying using it for either VFR or IFR.

I've got my own very attractively voiced femal co-pilot who flies everywhere with me, the voices of the other crews and the ground reflect the accents of their Countries and, while you do get some challenges, the ATC doesn't have the built-in mistakes present with the LM (M/soft) product

I had Pro-ATC too but couldn't put up with its limitations (especially the few voices to choose) and quirks in using it.

Apart from the flying, the facility I particularly like with PF3 is their Taxi Guidance System (TGS).  you get both voice guidance and the heading bug keeps you honest on even the most

complicated taxi-ways.

As you can gather, I like it and my thanks goes to the forum member who suggested it to me in the first place.

:D

John

There support is very good too.  I had a problem with my system where processing flight plans would cause PF3 to stop responding.   You start by posting the problem on their support forum and if they cannot provide a solution, the developer looked at my computer and sent me several new program files to try (separately) that generated detailed logs for troubleshooting.  Long story short, they were able to generate a work around for me so I now have my premium ATC back.   They also had me send a copy of the suspect system file so they could try to determine why this is happening in case it starts happening to other people.   I also like PF3 because I can use keyboard commands, I am not much for online or voice control programs.

Mike

Archived