Uninstalling FTX Ireland.

Vasily

Hello Gentleman;
What will be the best way to uninstall FTX Ireland? I know that in FTX Central, there is an "uninstalling tool". Other than that, would I have to manually delete anything? 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Vasily said:

Hello Gentleman;
What will be the best way to uninstall FTX Ireland? I know that in FTX Central, there is an "uninstalling tool". Other than that, would I have to manually delete anything? 

Thank you. 

Edit: Ok, so the product uninstaller is only for uninstalling airports, not regions. So, how would I go about uninstalling FTX Ireland? Thanks. 

Just out of curiosity, why do you feel the need to uninstall it?  Despite being stateside, I love flying in Ireland and England (typically straddling both to get a good mix of land and sea) and I find Ireland to be breathtaking.  Combined with ASN weather and REX textures, it is very immersive and realistic.  I was an ardent tubeflyer for a while and now I find it hard to pull away from the Piper Comanche to do some nice GA flying out there.

I love Ireland. Its a very dear place to me in real life.

But this is why: http://prntscr.com/camwgq

I cant simply fly into it with my most favorite carrier. 

FPS in Dublin Airport is VERY BAD, flying over EIDW city is very bad. I also cant use one of my favorite airports - Shannon, as it is overwritten by FTX Airport....

Are you referring to the low fps?  Are you flying the Aerosoft Airbus?

From my experiences with the Airbus and flying in to anywhere that has a payware airport, frames do drop and this is due to the airport design and not ORBX.  From what I can see of the scenery, it looks correct and clean.  Still not exactly sure what issues you are having, but understand that payware airports are a typical cause of performance drops, but it can also drop if you don't tune Vector to match your system performance, or if you opt to keeping really high settings in P3D.

One last thing, have you made sure that FTX Central 2 has run it's migration, and the migration was successful?  Also, do you have your ORBX Libraries up to date?

Hello;

Yes, the FPS.

Yes, I fly the Aerosoft airbus, PMDG 737/777 and the A2A Comanche- they all have problems in that airport and the Dublin city. One of the people that I fly online with, doesnt have this issue, but he also doesnt have FTX Ireland. So my assumption is that FTX Ireland is what it causing this. Yes, i agree with you 100%, AS Mega Airport Dublin sucks completely, but FTX Ireland doesnt help already the bad performing AS Dublin. Unfortunately, until the FTX Ireland update comes, which I hope that he will address the issue with Dublin Citys bad performance (I have reported it to him and send him similar screenshots) I have no other solution, but to uninstall Ireland, so that I can at least fly to Dublin and Shannon..., I hope you understand my idea. 

FTX Central has migrated correctly....., no issues there. 

Once again, thank you for your help. 

Best Regards, 

Edit: Vector settings are almost turned off. My PC: I7 4790K, Win10, FTX 970 FTW+. 

Aha!  Aerosoft's Dublin and Shannon are poorly constructed airports from the getgo and while I don't know if they were/are fully compatible with the later versions of P3D, I can say that I to have had issues with their airports, namely Frankfurt (serious OOMs) and Helsinki (some slight stutters and rendering issues).  I see your point and it appears that you'd rather have nice looking airports over the scenery, if you had to choose.  You are flying a couple of resource heavy aircraft (PMDG) but the Aerosoft Airbus is decent all around (seems to work just fine for me, where ever I fly) and the A2A Comanche is in my hangar and has been my goto aircraft for a while now.  Do you have an UK2000 airports?  I like to fly out of the EGAA often and it never gives me trouble and I have about 60% of UK2000's airports, which all work fine with ORBX scenery.  I have flown over Dublin City many times, and even landed at the ORBX version, but never had any problems.  Were you referring to the Aerosoft Dublin working with ORBX scenery?  If so, don't hold your breath, as I doubt Aerosoft will optimize Dublin City any time soon.  As I see on their site, Dublin is ONLY compatible with P3D V1 or V2, no V3.  It is also not compatible with FSX Steam Edition either.  I believe the issues you are having is with the airport and not ORBX.  I fell into that trap when I bought Helsinki and I blame the marketing team for not being specific, at the time.

In a perfect world, we would love to see all developers optimize their coding to help with performance, especially with ORBX.

Hello Jim;

Most of my airports work good, I do own quite a few from UK2000 as well and they are all fantastic. Just to be clear: Shannon was not developed by AS, it was developed by Eirsim. The problem with Shannon is that since the migration process it is always overwritten by FTX Ireland airports. Also, Aerosoft doesn't develop Dublin City- I was referring to Orbx FTX Ireland Dublin, sorry about not being clear. 

Regarding Aerosoft Dublin- I have contacted them 1000's of times and opened forum discussions regarding the performance of Dublin and they were all shutdown after a day or two on the AS forums.

I live in Germany now, and I'm very exited about FTX N. Germany; however, what scares me is that I have German Airports 2 and German Airports 3 pack. Some of them are located in the North and I after getting FTX Germany, I will probably not be able to use them any more, as those airports are extremely old and some of them are bad performers too and like with AS Dublin, they completely refuse to make them P3D compatible. Sorry for saying this here, but they completely suck at almost everything they do. 

Anyways, how do I uninstall FTX Ireland region? 

Once again thank you for your support and sorry for the ranter. 

Best Regards,

To be honest, I never really looked for installers for regions in the past. The only uninstaller I am familiar with is for FTX Global and even then, I rarely used it.  If I ever had the need to get rid of scenery, it was usually due to P3D upgrades or a system reinstall and for that, I just deleted everything, knowing I would reinstall from scratch.  You could always try doing windows search for 'uninstaller' and see what come up but I believe your assumptions may be correct about there not being one. Deactivating scenery is just as good, in that you don't have to worry about reinstalling if you change your mind.  Deactivating also helps for troubleshooting, in case you thought uninstalling would help, only to find out the problem still exists.

This topic in the FAQ section at the top of this forum tells you how to do it.

It's a little bit old, but still valid as far as I know. The only thing that has changed is if you have FTX Global, then you will no longer have a Default in FTX Central - and if you have already migrated to the unified lclookup, then presumably this is irrelevant anyway.

Cheers

Jack

On 8/26/2016 at 5:28 PM, Holy Cheese said:

This topic in the FAQ section at the top of this forum tells you how to do it.

It's a little bit old, but still valid as far as I know. The only thing that has changed is if you have FTX Global, then you will no longer have a Default in FTX Central - and if you have already migrated to the unified lclookup, then presumably this is irrelevant anyway.

Cheers

Jack

Hello Jack;

Thank you for the link. I have removed FTX Ireland successfully. I can now say that I can finally fly into Dublin without the lagg and 13 FPS. FTX Ireland was definitely the problem (Dublin city). Although I do notice now a huge difference between having FTX Ireland and OpenLC Europe, I will fly without FTX Ireland until the update comes out, or FTX Ireland (Dublin city areas) will be much better optimized. Having FTX Ireland and Aerosoft Dublin  airport installed on the same machine brings it down to its knees.... . Hopefully this will be in the past soon. 

Many Thanks for your help Gents, 

Best Regards,

Archived