ftx wales egff

datashman

will purchase then thx. I would be happy with dx 9 but i get a huge performance increase with dx 10 i have an 4790k oc 4.5 gtx 980ti and 8gb of ram. I dont think fsx is using my powerfull system to potential.  get a much smoother fps using dx 10.

To be honest nick I also had loads of texture issues . I think i will revert to boxed fsx and not use steam edition. I am new to this and i think i made mistakes while trying to sort it all out so will try to do a full unistallation of steam edition using revo and then install my boxed fsx. update service packs then try again . I would like to clean my registry of all fsx stuff as i think that would help fresh install. do u think revo would be ok for this?

D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FSX . . i used revo because after using steam software to unistall i tried to delete the folder fsx in D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FSX it said i could not delete as being used, i believe the fonts were causing the issue. i would like to delete all folders and registry edits. also

Ok got somewhere now, have done a complete fresh install of fsx steam version and have orbx working . I tried egff and all lighting worked. I then installed active sky and dx10 fixer and it all worked. After this i restarted fsx to play again and the carpark lights and posts, surrounding town and road lights around egff do not show up at all day or night. I have them ticked in the ftx central and all migration complete. When i started dx10 fixer it said changes have been made. i created a lightfield and put EGFF_LightField.BGL in D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGFF and still did not work as if dx10 fixer is not allowing the lights complete with posts to show.

20160828140747_1.jpg

20160828140857_1.jpg

20160828140901_1.jpg

I have solved it now nick thx. It was the car park lights but they all work now. i changed a few settings and now all good. One more question if u dont mind. Is there a way to use my powerfull system to load textures in fast when flying fast aircraft. I have not changed the cfg file in steves dx 10 fixer and wont, until i know what i am doing, or copy someones settings. could u possibly take a screen shot of your cfg  or tell me a setting for texture max load, bandwidth and swap times  lod radius etc. many thx 

This is my opinion and not shared by everyone by any means.

I think the only solution for FSX is to throw computer power at it,

which you seem to have done.

I also think that finally, today's computers are just about able to run

FSX as it was intended all those years ago and that residual problems,

like the scenery blurring at speed are limitations of the software and no

longer limited by the hardware.

Almost all the published tweaks were work arounds for the lack of

processing power available at the time, many of them are redundant and

some now have a negative effect.

Add to that the highly subjective nature of what looks good, the unholy

obsession with frame rates (and now VAS as well), the desire of some

people to advocate something that does not work or is just adding the default

setting and the iniquitous screenshots showing the impossible,

it is easy to become lost in the pursuit of the unattainable.

The only "performance tweak" I use is

[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1

Even this is not really a tweak and should have been added by the FSX

developers but it wasn't.

There are quite a lot of other changes but their function is to do with

compatibility with the Dx10 Fixer,to change the colour and format of the

on screen text, to limit the size of runway lighting and so on.

The LOD radius is default but can be raised as high as 9.5 to suit certain

scenery types.

If you have not already done it, installing NVidia Inspector, assuming that

your graphics card is by Nvidia and setting it up correctly will also enhance the

quality of what you see.

In case it helps, I have attached my fsx.cfg file for you to have a look at.

It is for FSX Disk Edition, I have the Steam Edition but I don't use it.

fsx.CFG

Archived