Skysim Hawk (Rick Piper) - no activations after 3 days !!!

David Rogers

Hi,

I don't know if anyone here has bought the Skysim Hawk (www.skysim.co.uk).  It's a nice looking aircraft, so I purchased and paid for it at Saturday lunchtime.

It has a draconian, long-winded activation process that involves 3 different codes, and requires manual processing by Rick Piper (Skysim).

Perhaps, to be reasonable, you would not expect a resonse during the weekend - but if you didn;t receive a response at the weekend (as I didn't), you would be pretty expectant to get what you've paid for fairly early on Monday AM wouldn't you ??

Nope? ......... well maybe by lunchtime.... by the time they've waded through their emails maybe....

Monday PM ...... ?

Ok, well by 'close of play' on Monday?

How about by 22:00 on Monday then?

So let's say you start to get worried that your mail went missing so you fire off a 2nd email - you're sure you'll get a reply to this one ............................

Almost 3 days after paying for something, and I still have no activation code, and have had no response to 4 emails.

>:(

.............. watch this space.................

Bought the Skysim Mirage and had no such problem, Dave.

I watched with interest in another thread when you mentioned the activation glitch and kinda thought it was another manufacturer (aircraft developer) who is very slack with their activation.

Hope you get it sorted, mate.

Makes you mad when you pay for something and then have to wait days to actually use it.

Frank

Hi folks,

Having now unistalled FSX for a break, I no longer require the activation code from these people, however I am still tracking how long it takes to hear ANYTHING back from them.

Update - Tuesday 10:20 GMT (having purchased on Saturday 8th August), still no response of any kind to 7 emails, including one formal complaint.

Some people may be creative and be able to produce add-ons but they just clearly cannot run a business.

Totally unacceptable.

Seriously, shame on you Rick Piper.  

Please see your other thread at Avsim concerning this issue, specifically Roddymod's response and my own suggestion of getting a "chargeback".  Rick Piper has given generously to the FS community over many years and now appears to have no connection with Skysim any longer and is as frustrated with the activation process as are we users.  During the recent Avsim library debacle, I dropped Rick a note asking for a particular skin for the Nemeth EC135.  He responded within the hour with all his skins for this heli.  He's a real gentleman and it would appear to me that you might not have all the facts.  I'm just as pi$$ed off with Skysim myself.

Maurice.

ps Anyone having "intermittent" issues with the forum here ?  I am getting "server unavailable" on both IE and Firefox ?

• 4 months later...

Hi David

If you have any problems getting activations from Skysim just e mail me mate.

I am not a part of Skysim anymore.

work every day on my PC sou generally about to help anyone that has got no reply from Skysim.

I don't do shame as it was not my security and the problem is the manual sending of activations by one person (not me) ;D

most people that know me should know that i am not around to ripp anyone off.

it was my First & Last Payware venture as the amount of hassle involved when the money goes in someone else's pocket is really not worth it.

if i ever bother to do another Payware model it will be a personal sales area in my control.

Regards

Rick Piper

Hi Rick

regarding payware, if you do get involved again could I suggest the The Flightsim Store here in Oz who have looked after the Orbx payware from day one.

I have purchased all the Orbx products via them over the last 12+ months and never had an issue with activation. Support is good and rapid as well.

just a thought and not connected with either organisation, except as a very satisfied customer

merry Christmas

Peter

Hi David et al,

I have installed/uninstalled/re-installed the Hawk three times now, all of which were painful and convoluted to varying degrees, the last taking six emails and a telephone call, but it was all worth it, I think the Hawk is fantastic and real fun to fly. I just hope I never have to install it again  ;)

Merry Christmas to All,

Johnboy

Archived