FS stops after about 30 minutes.

Hank

Sorry to post another problem so soon, but for the last few days I have been mid flight somewhere and usually about 25 to 30 minutes into the flight the screen goes white and a little box comes up with:

"Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

At first I thought it might be the REX 2 weather engine, which changes the weather about every 20 minutes.

But tonight I disabled that part of REX, so it did not load, but the problem persisted.

That is why I thought I'de install the Vista SP2 patch tonight and see if that made a difference. It hasn't.

I got the patch off the latest PC User magazine cover disk, which also has the Windows7  RC OS on it. I have a spare 400gig HD in the computer doing nothing; so I've been toying with the idea of installing that OS on that drive, then re-install FSX and all the add ons (big job) to see if FTX runs better on the Win7 OS, but keeping the same hardware I have now. (see my specs in my signature)

Cheers

Hank

Sounds suspiciously like a memory leak to me and this then stops FS  . There are many causes and I'm sorry I can't shed more light than that on this issue.

Memory leaks and their cause are some of the things I don't understand at all.

Meatycus,

Thanks for your reply. I went to the post you mentioned and saw that there was a cure for this for Vista32.

I downloaded the dll and followed instructions as per the post. Everything worked fine (even proud I could follow the CMD prompt thingy) but when I hit enter; I was confronted with a little windows box which had on the top: RegSvr32

The module "UIAtomationCore.dll was loaded but the entry point DLL Register Server was not found.  Make sure that "UIAtomationCore.dll is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

Any idea what that means?

Hank

UIAtomationCore.dll is a legitimate Microsoft dll most likely associated with Quick time and Windows OS being called by instrumentation or Gauge in FSX for animation in a similar fashion to Flash video providing animation on a web site.

Hi Maurice,

That doesn't make me any the wiser?  I have just downloaded another copy of the file (which has got different numbers attached to it) from Microsoft. The way my message read to me was that the one I had downloaded might not have been legit.  I'll try again.

Cheers

Hank

Windows is basically as dumb as dog shit and the so called internal security was trying to protect itself. It could well be that the file was infected with some code that was not legit, just another reason to scan with at least 3 Anti Malware , Virus programs each week. I removed Quicktime as IMHO it is a Virus in itself due to the amount of integration it tries to achieve taking over associations etc, I use Quick Time Alternative.

You can DL the file from now until doomsday  and you will most likely get the same result, because as you posted earlier it does not appear to be registered with windows correctly. My suggestion is to go My Bleeping Computer Web sit and ask there as I have found this site to be a fountain of useful information.

Archived