KSFF Felts Field P3D V3.2316769 problem

regulate

I just installed Felts Field in P3D V3 after and eight-month wait since purchasing (for a P3D install) and overall it looks excellent.  However, I am getting some extreme shimmering from every vertical pole located at the airfield, including but not limited to fences, telephone poles, poles on the navigation lighting, and the power station west of the airfield.  It also affects the power line wires.  I have my an anisotropic setting at 16x and 4x MSAA within P3D.  I don't have this issue in P3D with my current settings at any other ORBX airfield or scenery, and I have quite a few ORBX licenses that I have installed in P3D.  Anyone else seeing this?  Unfortunately, a still screen shot for this issue does not really do the problem justice, but the shimmering is extremely bad. 

KSFF order # FSS0447409

G'day Regulate, 

You are correct to assume that the shimmering is affected by your GPU and AA settings. It is caused by your graphics card and sim engine rendering high amounts of densely-clustered polygons at medium-long distances - the powerlines at KSFF are susceptible as they are perfect examples of this phenomenon (high poly count + thin/small object). If you want to refine your visuals further, you will need to do so via your graphics card control panel/program outside of the sim - though be careful, as higher settings will decrease performance. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks Jarrad for the reply.   I'm a bit surprised I am experiencing this anomaly at KSFF since my settings work great in all other ORBX airports (and other high quality developers) except this one, including other products you have authored including KPSP.  I have a GTX 980 Ti video card.  Any recommended setting at KSFF (including within Nvida inspector) that you can provide that won't cause this effect?   I hate to have to change my settings for one airfield that are working so well with anti-aliasing.  I currently use setting recommended by Rob Ainscough and they work great.   

Archived