FTX KPSP wrong lighting? HELP!

Icon22

Hello,

I need some help on getting my taxiway signs bright and wind sock lit again. I have tried the following:

1. D/L fresh Library file.

2. Installed fresh library  w/admin.

3. Deleted KPSP in ORBX per Jerrad's instructions.

4. D/L Fresh FTX KSPS and installed w/admin three times with no change.

5. Tested with no results.

6. Turned off FTX KPSP in scenery library.  All was good. Also went to KLAX with good results.

7. Turned FTX KPSP back on in scenery library and back to poor taxi lights.

I am at my wits end. 2 days and still "no joy". See pics at FTX KPSP and KLAX below.

ALL FSX up to date. Scenery migrated and installed per FTX Central 2. Picture 3 will show up randomly when I start FTX Central. 5 is a snap at ORBX in FSX.

Any ideas. Where do I go from here? Thanks!

Capture50.JPG

Capture51.JPG

Capture54.JPG

Capture55.JPG

G'day Icon,

Everything looks as it should be, albeit the shading rendering is perhaps a tad dark. Unlike the default taxi signs (such as at you report at LAX), the taxisigns at KPSP will be affected by the angle of the sun (ie time of day) - the same as the majority of 3D objects. Default taxi signs use a switch in the material settings which disable this feature, meaning that light will be cast evenly across the entire object - a trick that makes the signs look brighter, but at the expense of realistic light shading. Most HDR/SweetFX shaders will exaggerate the sim lighting engine, so if you use any custom shaders, you could have a tweak of these. Lastly, just a further clarification - the sign lighting will only switch on at dusk/night/dawn. 

A quick screengrab of one of the signs in FSX without any shaders etc enabled, for reference. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

axtfz4Q.jpg

Archived