Couple of Airfields Covered in Grass

GAJ52

My FSX scenery is now totally ORBX with no other 3rd party scenery and all fully up to date.  I have Global Base, Global Vector, openLC Europe and Regional England.

The only problem I'm having is a few airfields Biggin Hill EGKB and Colerne EGUO, may be others but these are ones found so far, appear to be covered in about 20ft of grass covering most of the runway and taxiways.  The airfield elevation seems to be ok in relation to the rest of the England scenery but with this raised ground effect sitting on top ?  The England scenery is confirmed at the top of the scenery priority list.

Apart from this little hic-cup the scenery looks fantastic.

Glen

Both EGKB and EGUO look fine in my P3Dv3 (I don't have Global installed in my FSX). I also have nothing but ORBX scenery installed.

Have you tried running the FTX Global Config Tool/Airport Elevation Corrections, then running the Auto Configuration? That might sort the elevations out. I don't see any entries in there for either airport, so I suspect that means no [manual] corrections were needed.

What are your mesh resolution settings? Try 5m or 2m.

Adam.

I have not seen any grass issue at either airport using FSX.  What I do see is an abundance of statics at Biggin Hill, which could relate to performance issues as my first load up at Biggin was at 2 FPS.  But that's another issue.  I wonder if you have incorrect library insertion points or aftermarket files for those airports.

Biggin Hill

biggin_1.jpg

biggin_2.jpg

Colerne

colerne_1.jpg

colerne_2.jpg

colerne_3.jpg

5 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Both EGKB and EGUO look fine in my P3Dv3 (I don't have Global installed in my FSX). I also have nothing but ORBX scenery installed.

Have you tried running the FTX Global Config Tool/Airport Elevation Corrections, then running the Auto Configuration? That might sort the elevations out. I don't see any entries in there for either airport, so I suspect that means no [manual] corrections were needed.

What are your mesh resolution settings? Try 5m or 2m.

Adam.

Thanks, the Airport Elevations Corrections fixed it - I didn't realise I had to use this tool I assumed things like this would be checked during initial installation.

All sorted now, thanks again.

Glen

Archived