Problems with installing KSFF Felts Field Airport in FSX:SE

Drubeard

Hi, I recently bought KSFF from theflightsim store, I had some troubles downloading it (initially all the mirrors returned a DNS error) but the folk over at fsstore sorted it, trouble it the installer I've now got is version 1.0, and when I run it, instead of the new style black installation exe after you complete online validation, it just continues with the old style, and only gives me the option of FSX or P3D, and I can't choose the location of my FSX folder, it simple fails to detect it, so the installer quits.

Any help would be much appreciated 

I use Getright, the issue was strange, all other files on my account count be downloaded, just this one airport, it was almost as if it didn't exist, I got in contact with flightsimstore support and they reset the link apparently, so (I assume you've used their download system before) when I click on the download link on their page, instead of going to the page that gives you the option of choosing a global mirror, it just starts the download immediately. the installer works, but it's Version 1.0 and lacks the ability to detect FSX:SE or allow me to direct it to the correct folder, it will just attempt to run, but instantly fail to find the /effects folder and crash 

G'day Drubeard,

The current installer for KSFF is indeed an old version which pre-dates FSX:SE, so it is correct that it will not give you the option to choose between FSX (boxed)/ FSX:SE etc. We finished up work on the new installers for KSFF and KBZN a couple of weeks ago, both are currently going through processing at the Flightsimstore as we speak, so I'd suggest holding off installation until that is ready - hopefully very shortly. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived