How about some train action?

jadeguy

Well I think Orbx has covered just about all the bases in spectacular form but I have always wished train traffic could be implemented. Can it not just follow the vector info? I would love to see vehicle traffic updated so it didn't make high G turns and have more realistic intelligence regarding speed etc. And of course the disappearing and spawning of cars.....a real realism killer. If this could be accomplished it would be amazing icing on the Orbx cake :)  Cheers all and happy flying (since we can't take the train)

Back before the dawn of FSX in the development period Microsoft had train traffic that didn't make the final cut. I recall reading mention that it was too performance intensive to calculate the train positions with all of the cars following the curves of the rails. 

As for road traffic speeds, it travels at a constant rate (and disappears when it hits the edge of its invisible path), but we do have a little utility for slowing down traffic to 55MPH/95KMH:

Thanks for the info, Alex.

Perhaps *someone* could approach Lockheed Martin for this. There is another simulator being able the handle train traffic, and actually quite well, thus I don't see why Prepar3dX shouldn't. 

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks Alex for your reply and I was aware of the traffic mod which I think I had running with P3Dv2 (maybe it was FSX).But I see the installer is only for FSX.  Since going to v3 I noticed LM did seem to make the traffic a more reasonable speed and maybe even smoother resolution? Will this utility work with v3 can anyone tell me?

Archived