VAS issues with new OpenLC NA

Hi guys,

Unfortunately I have to add my name to the hat of users running into VAS issues after having installed the new OpenLC NA (which is terrific otherwise). I think the issue is prior to this new LC, P3D was successfully freeing VAS over the course of a flight making flights into places like Flytampa CYYZ or FSDT KJFK possible with heavy aircraft like the PMDG 777. Now for some reason I notice a steady decline in VAS over the course of a flight, even to default airports, while flying exclusively with the new OpenLC. I really wish P3D had a debugging option to let us see which assets are loaded into memory at any given time to help you debug this. I'm almost 100% positive it's the new LC product that is causing this, as restoring P3D to prior to installation fixes the issue for me.

Just to update, I used SceneryConfigEditor to disable all the Orbx OpenLC+Vector related entries as well as OLC_Lights. The test flight was a slew from KEWR (updated default) to CYYZ FlyTampa. 

With the entries on, about 260MB remaining, with FSUIPC warning bell ringing.

With the entries off, ****I had over 1 gig of VAS remaining.****

I was very careful to make sure the scenery differences were the only differences there. My inexpert opinion is that there is an issue somewhere in those Orbx entries. I will try enabling one group at a time, most likely OpenLC.

Mephic, how can it always be vector when the original OP says restoring back to before the upgrade and the problem goes away?  I'm assuming the OP has always had vector so I fail to see how it can be that.  Yes I am another user running into VAS problems and its only started after the upgrade to the new NA LC.

I was running vector with only Highways selected, before and after patching to the new OpenLCNA. Even with all vector options disabled, I still only see about 500MB landing at CYYZ. With the scenery options disabled in the library (as mentioned above), I see over 1GB free. I will try my original Vector options, (highway box only, small streams/rivers ON, the 3rd tab ALL enabled), but instead of working in the configurator, I will select one by one each scenery entry repeating the same slew flight until I determine which entry is eating all the VAS over the flight. I'm also doing the flight at night to make sure the new lights are active to determine if they are the cause.

I'm wondering if NA LC increases the amount of urban tiles which in turn increase the amount of autogen buildings in the area.

Also just to clarify, is the reason I'm not getting any support responses because I don't have this particular order number in my profile/signature? I'm on a mobile device but it is FSS0505299.

This is too bad, vas was never taken into account when scenery is developed. I had this problem with FTX Southern California, and now the whole America's are suffering the same problem. This makes FSX Accel un-flyable for me since it has no memory management with OpenLC America.

Archived