SCA Edwards AFB (KEDW) parking problem

MotoDave

SCA Edwards AFB adds a lot of terrific visual content to KEDW, which is great.  However, with SCA KEDW, your only options are to start a flight on a runway, which is not the way to start any flight at KEDW.  Can ORBX add the parking back in to the KEDW BGL so flights can be started at one of the numerous parking spaces?

I use a well known traffic program, whose BGL includes an enormous amount of military and mil_cargo parking start locations.

The only other option is to disable SCA KEDW in order to use the default Edwards, plus the supplied after market parking bgl.

I'm confident that there are many users similar to me who prefer "testing" new airplanes and skins at Edwards.

thank you

Hi there,

actually, the default KEDW has exactly zero parking locations while SCA adds one at the fueling spot. In other words, we didn't remove anything in terms of parking.

That being said, I have made a note for an SCA service pack to add some more parking spots at KEDW (and also the adjacent 9L2) and also deactivate the long dirt runways so that ATC doesn't assign them as active anymore.

Cheers, Holger

3 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

actually, the default KEDW has exactly zero parking locations while SCA adds one at the fueling spot. In other words, we didn't remove anything in terms of parking.

That being said, I have made a note for an SCA service pack to add some more parking spots at KEDW (and also the adjacent 9L2) and also deactivate the long dirt runways so that ATC doesn't assign them as active anymore.

Cheers, Holger

Please accept my apology.  It was my traffic program that introduced all of the extra parking and not FSX Acceleration.  Thanks for making a note for future improvement.

Archived