FTX England Channel Islands post SP5

dhasdell

I haven't flown over the Channel islands before, so I don't know whether this is new or normal, but Jersey, Guernsey and Alderney airports all have very pale grass areas (much lighter than in FLighT's pic in the other thread) with clumps of bushes scattered about all over the place and even, on Alderney at least, on the tarmac. I have plain FTX EU England (i.e. no Global, Vector etc)and have reinstalled the latest libraries.

Any suggestions please?

Hi David,

I've just done a quick flight from Jersey to Guernsey, nothing untoward that I could see!

Weather was set fair; summer time; 12.30/13.00hrs. FTX EU ENG etc.

Have just taken a look at Alderney; Yes, the grass strip is quite pale, (closely cut and well used); I'd say it looked Ok! But there are certainly no bushes anywhere mate!

Chivenor Chopper

16 hours ago, dhasdell said:

I haven't flown over the Channel islands before, so I don't know whether this is new or normal, but Jersey, Guernsey and Alderney airports all have very pale grass areas (much lighter than in FLighT's pic in the other thread) with clumps of bushes scattered about all over the place and even, on Alderney at least, on the tarmac. I have plain FTX EU England (i.e. no Global, Vector etc)and have reinstalled the latest libraries.

Any suggestions please?

Hi,

Your order number is not valid. you can process to a cross grade to be sure to have the latest version of the product to use it properly

6 hours ago, Richard Bui said:

Hi,

Your order number is not valid. you can process to a cross grade to be sure to have the latest version of the product to use it properly

I do not understand this, as I have the invoice in front of me. However, I cross-graded in January and the FSS order number is  FSS0454129

David

OK That's fine now.

As you don't have FTX Global vector, there is certainly a fail into your migration process with vectors. Follow the steps below:

1 - Copy and paste the file below into \ORBX\Scripts\unified\regions from the root directory of your sim replacing the existing file.

2 - Launch FTX Central V2 and wait for its complete synchronisation

Let me know if that works.

Ben will update FTX Central which is the culprit.

terrain_EU.cfg

Thank you. I have pasted the new file into Orbx\scripts\unified\regions in my FSX-SE, replacing the original, but it hasn't made a difference, even after running FTX Central 2 twice.

Less importantly, I have changed my profile to show the order number, but now I can't see how to delete the old one which was used as a signature according to the old forum rules. Sorry.

David

What sort of thing are we thinking of here? I have UK2000 Exeter demo which isn't that far from the Channel islands, but no other scenery apart from ones posted as freeware in FTX. Traffic360?

Hello all

I'm afraid I have the same issue; pale grass areas and bushes all over the place at the Channel Islands airports, including the taxiways and aprons. The migration process worked as it should as far as I was aware and I haven't seen the problem anywhere else. I don't have FTX Global either.

I tried the procedure Richard described above but it didn't have any effect.

15 minutes ago, dhasdell said:

I've made sure that FTX is right at the top of my scenery library, with Orbx libraries leading the list. I don't have any OLC.

David

In that case, I recommand you to reinstall  FTX ENG and ORBXlibs then replay migration. You are missing textures for some vectors. Play post screenshot. Be sure you are not talking about UTX with SP5 as said by Christian. Something is preventing your system to use properly entries managed by FTX central

Ok - I do not have UTX. Here's what I've done today:

(i) Reinstalled England 1.40 and latest Libraries over the top of my install, but no difference

(ii) Deleted both from the Orbx folder  - default scenery visible, looked at Plymouth to see whether SP5 updates had disappeared, but there's still a Brunel Tamar bridge, though I wonder if this is a Steam update rather than FTX. Alderney a horrible mess. (see photo)

(iii) Reinstalled 1.40 and latest libraries. Checked Tamar bridges and both are back to original release FTX England. Alderney still a mess of elevations

(iv) Migration - no change

(v) Reinstalled 1.50/SP5 and latest libraries. Tamar bridges now updated. The SP5 Brunel is not the same as I saw earlier and includes the word "Engineer", confirming (I think) that Steam had updated the default at some time

(vi) Migration - no change. Alderney shown in photo, back to as it was before my original post

Alderney after (ii).jpg

Alderney with SP5, Orbx libs and Migration.jpg

I've reinstalled FTX ENG 1.4, SP5, the latest ORBXlibs and re-run the migration process but Jersey, Guernsey and Alderney still look like David's second screenshot.

During the migration process I noticed some entries were marked "cannot find the file specified", does this mean I'm missing some files somewhere? Everything else in the sim looks fine.

I too am running FSX Steam but I don't think it restores any settings on the fly, as far as I know it's just FSX Gold rebuilt with the VS2013 compiler and including various bug fixes and optimisations.

Graham

15 minutes ago, Starman58 said:

Jersey, Guernsey and Alderney still look like David's second screenshot.

During the migration process I noticed some entries were marked "cannot find the file specified", does this mean I'm missing some files somewhere? Everything else in the sim looks fine.

It is the same thing for me with P3D v2.4

The airfields of Guernsey (EGJB) Aldeney (EGJA) and Jersey (EGJJ) are sandy color with bushes everywhere even on the track

EGJB Guernsey :

c65faf1ad5bd300dda1dfc8031e88c74.jpg

4e0f928d3cac34f36b6d5109e95c36da.jpg

EGJJ Jersy :

666df1a530cd99a222f44b6ce91ec3f0.jpg

344e8344fe4dd4db7718b48c3bc86317.jpg

EGJA Alderney :

95fbe970deb0daa0c25c1d2d4e1a21ea.jpg

0064525d11444ebef94d370d54e3ceab.jpg

And I have worries in Guernsey and Jersey for the autogen, half of these islands do not show autogen

Guernsey :

84114caf9d7cac6007aa93f54d2c63b6.jpg

2eaf43d821d35581693bacc73b2c7ec4.jpg

Jersey :

56dcbcc0ed29d1ec2ce6c5cf7fdabb22.jpg

4194806634de3afce158f3f3263ebeae.jpg

7958ab3b95d6084434a8591aa8e84e30.jpg

At Sark, there is none autogen :

ee6132e9000b50fbfd2a84d674418cfb.jpg

For the islands of Scilly, no worries.

Hi Richard,

This is repaired for the aerodromes, everything is ok now, thank you.

By cons, indeed, the autogen is still missing on the half of the islands of Jersey and Guernsey and on all the island of Sark.

And with the new FTX Central.exe "beta", the forced migration displays errors :

captur12.jpg

migration_missing.txt

Many thanks Richard, airports are fine now.

I find I have the same issue with autogen as Handie but the migration troubleshooter reports everything migrated correctly, no missing files. Enjoying SP5 very much despite this, it's a great update.

On 12/08/2016 at 6:23 PM, Handie said:

Hi Richard,

This is repaired for the aerodromes, everything is ok now, thank you.

By cons, indeed, the autogen is still missing on the half of the islands of Jersey and Guernsey and on all the island of Sark.

And with the new FTX Central.exe "beta", the forced migration displays errors :

captur12.jpg

migration_missing.txt

Hello,

Despite the FTX Central update to a new version today, nothing has changed for my problems presented in my post above.
Would it be possible to have a solution ?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Handie said:

Hi Richard,

So, something wrong with my file ?
Otherwise, other news about my worries of files missing after migration and autogen missing ?

Thanks.

The file is good so the problem is elsewhere. The investigation goes on

On 24/08/2016 at 4:50 PM, Handie said:

Hello,

Is that the investigation progresses ?

(I bump the topic before it falls into oblivion) ;)

I made 2 reinstallations of FSX on 2 different desktops with only FTX ENG and SP5 but I cannot replicate the loss of autogen on the same area in Guernsey:

ENG_SP5_Guernsey2.jpg

ENG_SP5_Guernsey3.jpg

Therefore, I guess the culprit is certainly out of the service pack.

Hi all. I too had the pale grass and bushes issue, now resolved thanks to the updated fils above.

I still have the auto gen issue too.  I noticed a mesh bgl for N and S channel islands could it be an issue with one of them. It seems strange the islands a split in two and half have no auto gen.

it would be great to have this resolved before the do228 comes out from carendo.

8 hours ago, N1EL said:

Hi all. I too had the pale grass and bushes issue, now resolved thanks to the updated fils above.

I still have the auto gen issue too.  I noticed a mesh bgl for N and S channel islands could it be an issue with one of them. It seems strange the islands a split in two and half have no auto gen.

it would be great to have this resolved before the do228 comes out from carendo.

Hi,

There is nothing a SP can do for you if your migration process is faulty. You should replay it again then open a new topic to analyze it if it's KO again

Archived