A Water Cliff Issue around CYWY Wrigly

Ziggy

Hello all,

I've had this issue at Wrigley for a while now and am wondering if there is a fix or if anyone else is having the same issue with Water Cliffs in the Mackenzie River using the Global Freeware CYWY Airport along with Pilots FTX Mesh. I do Much of my flying in the North and Pilots Mesh is a definite must have in this area of the world.

If I disable Pilots FTX Mesh the cliffs are gone but the river becomes a mess of rolling river hills, the Airport itself is fine.

If I disable the freeware CYWY and have Pilots Mesh Active then everything is as it should be in the river but obviously without being able to use the freeware airport.

I have also tried disabling the CYWY CVX file and that seems to get rid of the water cliffs but then the airport doesn't seem to sit right, if that makes any sense.

So I'm guessing this airport wasn't made using a Mesh and it seems to be the CVX file that is the "culprit" for me here, is there anyway possible to correct this on my end?

Of course this is not the end of the world for me as I understand that not everyone uses a Mesh product and I certainly don't expect a fix just for me but in any case any help would be most appreciated:)

Hopefully I have provided enough information,Thank you for your time

Greg Z

2016-8-6_18-16-59-450.jpg

2016-8-6_18-17-27-246.jpg

I'll have a look at it but as you mentioned it may not be that easy to do because of the difference with and without mesh. The airports are usually designed without mesh but sometimes can be adjusted to allow for it. I know the difference is particularly bad along the Mackenzie River and I have done some adjustments but it can only do a limited area around the airports.

Larry

Hi Larry & Greg Z,

It is an interesting location, here below is a picture with FTXGlobal + FTXGlobal Free AP's, no Vector no OLC, I use FreeMeshX.

Interestingly the Mackenzie River does not go beyond that diagonal water elevation shown in Greg's picture with my default setup for this area. As you can see the small sandbar is landlocked and water has drained from the river (must be a very dry season LOL).  I took a screenie with and without FMX, the water elevation appears directly along the line where I have land meeting water. I think if I want to see the river at all, I will need to purchase OLC AK/CAN and Vector.

88c499642e526ed8024843f58632b1f8.jpg

96dd917ef3d887cd28e5d2e8b68d40c6.jpg

Thanks Larry for taking the time to look into this, it's much appreciated, if something is done about it that's great, if not, that's okay too, I really love that you took the time to make these airports along the Mackenzie River  :)

@Jeff Gilmour Thanks also for your time taking a look at the areamuch appreciated  :)

If you pick up OpenLC NA and Vector it Brings this beautiful area to life when added with Global and a Mesh

Archived