Missing autogen on Cumbrian Coast

chasordod

First, my thanks to Richard for his work on England SP5 - in particular for adding the Channel Islands and all the additional POIs.

I am seeing, however, a significant area running inland from the Cumbrian coast south of Sellafield that has all 3D objects excluded.

The boundary of the exclude runs from the coast at N54 22.52, W3 28.28, southwards down the coast to N54 15.00, W3 23.15, then east to N54 15.11, W3 5.05, north to N54 31.46, W3 28.34, and finally back to N54 22.52, W3 28.28.

The exclude is contained, I think, in SP005_exc_trees.bgl in the FTX_EU_05_SCENERY/Scenery folder, as disabling this bgl restores the missing trees and buildings.

I wonder if this is an exclusion that has extended further than intended, as the complete lack of trees or buildings when flying down this part of the Cumbrian coast is unexpected.

Thanks for reply.

Yes, it's the same tree exclude bgl removing all objects in that area of the Peak District. With it deactivated, trees and building reappear here, as for the Cumbrian Coast.

Have to say that I share the view you expressed in the Peak District topic - blanket autogen excludes that remove all objects, and extend into lower lying areas that should not be bare of trees and buildings, don't work for me either. The right solution, particularly in a region product, should be to have appropriate landclass texture for the treeless areas of high ground.

• 4 weeks later...
Can I resurrect this thread as I see, from Ed's FTX EU England SP5 Hotfixes post, that version 1.52 includes reworking of tree excludes for National Parks.

I have installed this fix, but still find that the effect of the relevant exclude BGL spills over onto the coastal strip from Sellafield, south, for much of the way down towards Walney Island. As a result, all autogen is removed from this strip and up into the valleys, such as that from Ravenglass up towards Eskdale. My first post in this thread gives detailed coordinates.

I assume this is not by intent and, as the effect is quite disconcerting, can I ask if Richard could take a look at this area again to see if a more refined exclusion can be implemented.

As with version 1.5, disabling the v1.52 tree exclusion BGL restores autogen in the affected area.

Charles

Archived