OpenLC NA places objects in wrong locations

Orlaam

Hi, I installed the new OpenLC NA in FSX:SE last night, but it's a mess.  FTX Global and the freeware packages are all I have installed, no other scenery. 

For example KSEZ (default) has the town going underneath it partially.  KDVT (ORBx NA freeware pack) now has trees on the ramp.  I have a couple rivers running through Phoenix.  A desert lake outside Phoenix (Lake Pleasant) still has this green border around it, not desert textures. 

2016-8-5_4-13-23-25.jpg

2016-8-5_4-28-6-554.jpg

2016-8-5_4-43-9-671.jpg

2016-8-5_4-46-28-725.jpg

Hi

Lake Pleasant is on OK on my side, dry all around. Have you checked that your scenery library layers are in the right order and that the insertion points are saved ?

Sedona. When you look up close the town  does not creep underneath default KSEZ  but is much too close to it (one block width ?), South of 89A. The coarse resolution of the simulator terrain (1.2 km if I remember well) may be at play here. But what I see in P3D is not far off from what I see in GE. BTW be sure that you run the Vector tool and disable KSEZ.

Deer Valley. I agree there is a problem.

Thanks for the reply.  Where should I check my scenery order? The FTX Central order is FTX, LC and everything else as shown in the PDF.  Appears correct.  In the sim the scenery order is different and I'd have to look. On the mobile phone right now. IIRC it was libraries first, freeware airports then LC followed by default entries. 

I'll post a follow up on my order later when I get time.  Fwiw I don't have vector. I only have global and NA LC along with the freeware airports.  

In FTX Central/Settings/Tools/Library Insertion points, the 3rd party (non OrbX) scenery addons should be on top, then you should have an FTX then OLC then the sim default sceneries. If not, move the lines around until you have this order and save. Your in-game sim library should reflect this, first 3rd party addons, then OrbXlibs (you do have the last OrbXlibs, don't you ?) then OrbX airports then OrbX regions then OpenLC files.  

About Sedona. Vector is not required but the airport insertion is problematic with the Ultimate mesh and one has to use the AEC tool. This is an issue unrelated to OpenLC but a poor conjunction of the mesh and the default airport where  Vector helps. Also it draws the Route 89A through the city.

OK then but the Lake Pleasant  is as it should be in my install, no green stuff around, and so far nobody has complained about that so it seems to be a problem with your setup not OpenLC. A missing texture or a corrupt file maybe, did you try a reinstall ?  ALso are you sure that no other LC product (even as a component) is with the  3rd party addons on top of the OpenLC files?

BTW, is lake Powell around Page OK ?

I'll go check Lake Powell.  I have no other (non-ORBX) scenery installed.  Literally nothing, as I just got back into simming a few months ago. 

Full list of scenery-related items:  REX Texture Direct, ORBX FTX Global, FTX Freeware Airports (USA only), and now OpenLC NA.  No mesh, no vectors, no UT, nothing.

I did perform a reinstall of OpenLC and it didn't do anything.  Same with the libraries.  I haven't tried reinstalling FTXG yet.  I did reinstall the freeware aiports to try and fix the tree issue since it had an update post-LC install.

One other thing I noticed (White Tanks):

2016-8-6_0-11-26-917.jpg

You have a problem with your setup, White Tank is perfect here, no green square laid on it, just the yellowish tint that you see on the left all over. I do not own Texture Direct from Rex so I do not know how it works. Page looks OK so it seems to be related to the Phoenix area.

As a fellow user, there is not much that I can do now to help, sorry... A last resort could be to redownload the whole thing ? The OrbX cavalry should come soon to your rescue ;)

EDIT An afterthought, if you uncheck the OpenLC files in the scenery library, do you still  see the same green stuff on WT and around LP ? Same with Rex, if you unable it, does that do anything ?

REX is sky, clouds, and miscellaneous environment textures.  Nothing that should affect this.   I still see green on White Tanks and LP with LC unchecked.  I just reinstalled Global and it actually made the area around Lake Pleasant more green; trees everywhere!!  Gonna reinstall LC and libraries again and see what happens.  Otherwise I've tried everything short of a complete wipe.  Don't wanna do that.  

Thanks for the help.  If nothing else works I'll pray that ORBx or someone will have an idea. 

About reinstalling Global Base, did you use the Windows Control Panel to uninstall it first (provided you saved the default textures) or just wrote over the new install without doing the clean up ? I would say that doing the uninstall first would be recommended. 

Well I completely wipe FSX from my hard drive, add-ons and all.  Reinstalled FSX then FTX Global and OpenLC NA only with new libraries.  Still not working.  Huge green tile around the lake and on White Tank mountain.  :-(

2016-8-7_7-12-13-633.jpg

I guess I can wipe it again and make sure that folder is gone.  I'm pretty sure I removed everything but perhaps not.  It's not like removing FSX will hurt anything at this point.  All my customizations are gone (backed up though).  

I have to work for the next three nights so I won't have any time to look at it until Wednesday night at the soonest. Thanks for the suggestions.  

- Chris

ETA: I did notice that the clean install had those tiles, or at least the lake did.  Interestingly enough, the tile on White Tanks went away with FTX global but the lake remained. The tile came back with LC however. Strange. 

For a quick fix this is what I understand... I own Vector and don't have your issue. I don't want to sell you anything but Vector is a great addon if you have a little money to spend. Another solution is to wait for the possible  fix Holger is referring to. . Anyway my time is now really up in that thread ;) ! Good luck, my friend.

Yeah it migrated with the new central version.  Everything is correctly installed.  

My concern now is that if I buy vector I'll have serious performance issues.  It's already kinda sluggish is areas with add on aircraft. 

Archived