Waimea, Kauai is missing in openLC

The town of Waimea, Kauai is completely missing in openLC.

A couple additional openLC issues on the south west side of Kauai, Hawaii.

While I appreciate the attempt to represent the sugar mills, they do not have huge fuel tank farms.  Most have a single smoke stack and a collection of rectangular, sheet metal buildings, typically in poor condition since most have been closed down for many years.  If a better sugar mill is beyond the scope of openLC, please at least delete all the large fuel tanks.  (No tanks at the Kauai Coffee Company either.)

Port Allen doesn't have large tanker ships at the pier.   The US Navy keeps a range boat and two torpedo retrievers on the NW side of the pier.  (Additional orange deck/white hull target boats can sometimes be found there as well.)  I believe that some of the tour operators have their catamarans on the SE side of the pier.  No big tankers though.

As far as I'm aware (as I'm not a OpenLC developer) OpenLC NA does not touch, add or move any custom 3d objects.

It is purely a landclass and ground texture addon only (with some small areas of photoreal), so an industrial area will be represented with whatever available ground texture there is, usually either a fuel tank/refinery or warehouse texture set

1 hour ago, Tim Harris said:

As far as I'm aware (as I'm not a OpenLC developer) OpenLC NA does not touch, add or move any custom 3d objects.

It is purely a landclass and ground texture addon only (with some small areas of photoreal), so an industrial area will be represented with whatever available ground texture there is, usually either a fuel tank/refinery or warehouse texture set

I don't mean to imply that I expected openLC to add custom sugar mills.  I just wanted to point out that large tanks are out of place.

Perhaps there is a different factory/industrial building type that the LC could call for?  (Just something without a tank farm.)

My intent is the same regarding the ships at Port Allen.  I don't expect custom torpedo recovery boats.  I just want to point out that large tankers shouldn't be there.

I was assuming that openLC called for a particular building, fuel tank, or ship to be placed at a particular spot.  My apologies if it is not a LC function.

I just checked, I can't recall if there were tanks displaying in the original scenery.  However I can tell you this.

The tank objects are gen_tank01 from the default fsx hazards.bgl library.  Also the file containing these offending objects is in one of the base scenery folders > 0003 and are found in OBX06240.

Removing these objects from this file would most likely removed them from all locations they are called upon in scenery area 0003, so I'm not sure how it might be done.

They do look ridiculous though.

15 hours ago, h3pilot said:

While I appreciate the attempt to represent the sugar mills, they do not have huge fuel tank farms.

Those particular tanks (Old Koloa Sugar Mill) are a part of default FSX, and nothing to do with OpenLC NA

Port Allen doesn't have large tanker ships at the pier.

OpenLC NA does not add any custom 3d objects like ships etc, and they are not in default FSX either, so they must come from a 3rd party scenery

The town of Waimea, Kauai is completely missing in openLC

I'll make a note of that for the team

Archived