Open Landclass Install Messed Up

boleyd

After 2 days of downloads I ran the installer for the new Open Landclas (OLC). No problems indicated. I opened at an airport East of Pittsburgh, PA. The landclass looked bad and was probably the originaal. The roads were gone and no sign of any proper landclass placement. I looked at the scenery.cfg using P3D. It appeared that all of the new files were now at the bottom of the list (low priority). tried moving the vector and olc to just below the Orbx stuff. No help. I look at the forum and noticed there was mention of a night light folder which I did not have. I now suspected that not only did the installer not place the folders properly it also failed to install a file plus appearing to destroy the Orbx landclass. Looks like I will now be spending a third day on this.

Orbx did make a backup scenery.cfg that I used but my Vector stuff does not display nor does global landclass.

I have downloaded 21 files + setup. They appear ok. When I install the new files are placed just above Default Scenery and Default Terrain and Global Generic & Vehicle Libraries.

They are in a group. Each labled ORBX!OPENLC _________. Europe is on top followed by NAMERICA1 NAMERICA2 BASE.   No Lights file

I ran Central 2 at the end of the install as requested. It ran but showed no prompts or messages so I assumed all was ok.

I have no idea if this is correct. Previously I tried moving the OLC stuff higher but I still get the original landclass of FSX/P3D and those old textures. Using the product is an unpleasant experience.

I have found that I cannot change the priority structure for scenery using the in-program process. I make a change by moving a folder click OK and later look at the in-program scenery structure and the folder never moved..... The program always uses the base scenery.cfg

I reran the Migration tool but no change.The scenery.cfg file cannot be changed from within P3D. Base roads, landclass, and autogen are the only thing I can see.

Orbx areas such as PNW and SCA are ok.

I forced a fresh scenery.cfg reload by altering the existing file's name. Now have default airport, etc and can make changes to the scenery order from within P3D. Of course, I lost all Orbx items but not the files. I will endeavor to restore Orbx items by hand but this will take days since I can't find a published list of a scenery.cfg using Orbx addons. Also, I am fearful that there may be some fiddled options in P3d that I am not aware of. But I have no choice having wasted two days on this already.

While beginning the restoration of Orbx things I was checking the P3D Scenery Manager and making changes. The last time I opened it the base default scenery was not in the scenery manager but what appeared to be my original scenery layout. I then found that with this one I could make changes with the Scenery Manager in P3D. I did not reinstall my old scenery.cfg it just appeared.  Spot checking seems to show that everything is back to where it was prior to the landclass install "events".

On the Lockheed P3D forum I was told that I should have 7 files from landclass download MSI, Setup and CABs. I have a setup.exe and 21 data files of 512kb. Frankly I am not inclined to go through this again.

Archived