help with trackir lag or delay

Jbaran

hi all - another post for some hopeful advice here ... I have pd3 v3 running very nicely now with all my orbx items - ftx sceneries loaded in, and tinkering with some of the other settings and aspects too now

I use trackir and am trying to figure out how to get rid of the slight delay from 'center' or home position to when I turn my head ... it is slight but there is a definite delay and I am not sure if it is a config setting within my p3d general cameras or views ... or if I can reduce or negate it from within trackir ?

any advice much appreciated

regards, Ron

It depends what you mean by 'slight'. Some latency is inevitable but you generally shouldn't notice it. Perhaps you have the 'precise' toggle set to on, in which case it will likely be bigger. I never noticed any latency with my TrackIR until I made a recording with a GoPro camera on my head.

In the profile you are using, is there a dead zone at center?  You can check this by looking at the profile graph. Zoom in. Any flat spot at center before the graph lines start to rise indicates a dead zone. Just move the start of the rise to the exact center of the graph. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived