Lakes gone after updating

3atcos

After updating/migrating (carefully following described procedures and without any errors) my lakes in FTX Norway are gone.  I have narrowed it down to one file - if it's there no lakes, if I remove it all is fine.  The file is located in folder ORBX/FTX_EU/FTX_EU_NOR_06_CVX/scenery and is called 0_excl_FTX_EU_NOR_GUID_all.BGL.

If I choose frozen lakes then they show up white even with the above mentioned file active.

Regards Asbjorn Hansen

Sorry Holger

My ordernumber for FTX EU Norway is  FSS039313.

I forgot to mention that it's FSX Acc on Windows 7-64.

I also have OpenLC Europe (FSS0302440) , Global Vector (FSS0225833) and a bunch more of your products.  I'm not sure if the other porducts I have (FTX EU England, Wales, all Australia, most of US) can influence my Norway installation.

Kind regards

Asbjorn Hansen

Hi  Asbjorn,

thanks for posting the order numbers.

The file "0_excl_FTX_EU_NOR_GUID_all.BGL" is the primary exclude file for FTX Norway that removes all default or add-on landscape elements from the NOR coverage area so that they don't overlap with the more detailed versions of NOR. Thus, if you only see lakes by removing that file then you're actually seeing the default lakes (or, rather, Vector lakes in your case).

The NOR lakes require custom entries in your terrain.cfg file, delivered via FTX Central. However, those same entries are also required for FTX England and other GB titles; if those work as intended for you then it cannot be an issue of a missing entry. Perhaps there's another add-on active at higher display priority that excludes lakes? Is it only lakes that are affected? Are oceans/fjords being displayed correctly and roads/railroads too?

The "frozen lakes" option uses a different type of polygon, which would explain why they display correctly when selected. Can you check though that, with "open water" selected, you have a bunch of files in "\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NOR_06_CVX\scenery" named "cvx_FTX_EU_NOR_water_{...}_summer.BGL"? The key is that they have the .BGL extension and not and .OFF extension.

Cheers, Holger

Thank you Holger

After further investigation I found that I do indeed have another scenery that is causing my problems - Aerosoft Værøy.  Deactivating it solves my problems with FTX.  Thanks again for your help!

regards

Asbjørn

Archived