EO49, EDCG, EDVR are still only P3Dv2

Hello!

Despite those free airports have been reported as available now for P3Dv3, the new version seems not available on the website, they are still the old P3Dv2 installer that does not recognize v3.

Would it be possible to fix the link? They seem pretty enough :)

Or is it downloadable through FTX Central 2? There I only see entries that can be clicked but don't do anything (they don't have the "MORE INFO" button, being freeware I suppose).

Thanks!

They are not "the old P3Dv2 installer that does not recognize v3" and there is nothing wrong with the links.

Perhaps you should clear your browser cache and download again if the installers you see in the download still

have a grey background.

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply!

When I click on the airports, on the freeware page, I get the following files: OrbxFTXEO49100.zipOrbxFTXEDCG100.zip, and OrbxFTXEDVR100.zip. It's not a cache problem on my end (I double-checked just to make sure, even with two different browsers). I tried with the "Orbx cloud" link (well, now the server times out with an "Error 522" so I can't check again), with the "Google Drive" link, and with the "My FTX link", all results were the same.

Actually, I had tried to install the two first ones, OrbxFTXEO49100.zip and OrbxFTXEDCG100.zip, then gave up assuming the versions 1.00 were all for P3Dv2 (what I observed on the 2 succesfully installed files that were 1.10 and the two failed attemps with v1.00).

Now after your reply I tried again, and also tried the 3rd one, OrbxFTXEDVR100.zip. This last one worked, but the two others are like my screenshot below - as you said, grey background. I didn't check other freewares, just the five mentioned in my post, and LIDA for the sake of it (was already installed and was fine, new installer).

Could you please verify on your side when you have the time? It's not hugely important but those little airports are really nice sceneries.

EDVR100.jpg

It seems the download links are injected by jQuery anyway, not sure any cache emptying is required. But I think I understand. I could only verify with EDVR because the site is down most of the time now (the new OpenLC must be downloaded heavily I imagine).

You didn't react to the filenames I gave earlier, but I just realized EDVR's content has changed while it still has the same old 1.00 filename! And of course I didn't try to extract the downloaded zip file earlier since it had the same name, as if it were the previous version. Now I did and I could install it, it's indeed the new version. I'll check with EO49 but it's probably the same issue.

Perhaps it's good practice to change the filename and the version when an installer is upgraded, to avoid this kind of confusion?

Thanks for your help!

No, it's not good practice when the only change is the updated installer.

It leads to unnecessary downloads by customers who are misled into

thinking that because the version number has changed, there is some new content.

Where there has been new content added as well as the updated installer,

the version number does indeed change.

Instead, there have been release announcements as each product has become ready,

a dedicated web page for customers to check for P3D v3 readiness and the text for each

freeware product has been updated as the new installers became ready.

Archived