Taxiway & Runway Lights

vozpilot247

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my PC and started the task of updating everything to P3D v3.  At the same time I have been carefully installing updated sceneries to my FSX install as well.  I use FSX for airline flying (simply because I haven't shelled out the cash for P3D versions of my airliners yet) and P3D for GA stuff.  They are installed on completely separate SSDs.

Since doing this however I have noticed a change in the lighting around OrbX airports.  At YMML,YSCB and YBCS I am noticing the runway lights at night are really hard to see.  The lights themselves are tiny and there is no way you can pick the runway up at night from more than about 2nm out.  Additionally, I don't seem to have ANY blue taxiway edge lighting at YMML.  I have the green centreline lights visible when taxiing around but they LOD out when at a few hundred feet.

What have I tried?

• I have updated the libraries to the latest 160807 build.
  • I have run FTX Global lights Configurator (even though I don't have FTX global) to make the lights big but this only affects the street lights etc as you can see in the images below.
  • Re-installed YMML v2 for FSX.
  • Ran the troubleshooter and got this code ot071b18865898c79977f98e2949f1e03f

I have tried searching forums here and AVSIM and found no-one with this specific issue.  Perhaps this is by design but I don't recall having this issue in the recent past and coming in to land at night is very difficult when you can't see the runway.

Some help with settings or whatever to fix this problem would be appreciated.

YMML v2:  Note tiny little runway lights which are only visible when literally OVER the field.  No taxiway lighting.

d7f419e537.jpg

YBCS v1.2:  From about 1nm south.  Only way to tell where the runway is, is between the VASIS.  No taxiway lights until much closer to the field but better than YMML, again wunayway lights barely visible from directly overhead.

648becaca7.jpg

71f1324a72.jpg

YSCB v1.1: Terminals and surrounding buildings lit up like christmas trees but can't see the field.  This can't be right.

5c39771ba7.jpg

For comparison, here is the other mobs YSSY offering from short final.  A bit clearer to say the least.

7f9a14a2d8.jpg

So while waiting for a reply I have done some further investigation....

It appears my problem lies in the fact that I do not have, nor have registered the file ObjectFlow_YMML.dll.

A bit hard to register a file that doesn't exist!

Question is... why doesn't it exist?  I have installed from a new installer to both FSX and P3D and neither has this file in the FTX_AU/FTXAA_YMML/Scenery folder, nor is there a "moduleinstaller.exe" as indicated in other threads or any way that I can see to get or install this file.

I don't have Global either, so I'll see what I get. I rarely fly at night, so wouldn't have noticed this sort of thing occurring. I'll report back.

Adam.

EDIT: A question - you say "Re-installed YMML v2 for FSX". Do you have the latest (quad) installer for YMML - and are you installing to both FSX *and* P3Dv3? If so - is the problem identical in each sim?

• 3 weeks later...

Since my last post, my ORBX has been "Globalised", so our P3D setups will be different. My FSX is still set up with DX10+Fixer - so the lights may be different also. I'll need to re-add YMML to my FSX (which I haven't updated for ages).

I'll give YMML a go in both and see what I get now!

Adam.

OK ... here you go!!!

I don't see any difference between my FSX/DX10+Fixer and P3Dv3.

Here's FSX:

ymml_fsx_01_1350.jpg

ymml_fsx_02_1350.jpg

ymml_fsx_03_1350.jpg

ymml_fsx_04_1350.jpg

ymml_fsx_05_1350.jpg

ymml_fsx_06_1350.jpg

Now in P3Dv3:

ymml_p3dv3_01.jpg

ymml_p3dv3_02.jpg

ymml_p3dv3_03.jpg

I don't see any blue edge lighting on the taxiways - only the centre-line green ones. I'll check with the developer if that's correct.

Adam.

EDIT: Other things to try are:

1) FTX Central: Switch Legacy lights to OFF.

2) Check that you haven't used/overwritten your lights textures by using REX (or similar).

3) In *daytime*, travel towards the airport and see if any textures aren't loading properly. It's just possible that, at a certain distance, an elevation problem is masking parts of the runway.

Archived