d3d11.ll failure

shermank

I am posting my question here because I know there is a wealth of knowledge that I hope to tap into. I was just flying the Carenado Seneca, taking it up to 17500 in an altitude stress test. I had just switched views to a closeup of the panel to check mixture, rpms, etc....when fsx froze and crashed. Here is the report from the event log

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16570, time stamp: 0x5153774d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000a7b54
Faulting process id: 0x17a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1e4db92371061
Faulting application path: D:\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll
Report Id: 19c87808-50d4-11e6-8247-e03f49ea007d

If anyone has an idea about what went wrong, and what I can do about it, all help is appreciated. Thanks....

Sherm

17 minutes ago, shermank said:

I am posting my question here because I know there is a wealth of knowledge that I hope to tap into. I was just flying the Carenado Seneca, taking it up to 17500 in an altitude stress test. I had just switched views to a closeup of the panel to check mixture, rpms, etc....when fsx froze and crashed. Here is the report from the event log

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16570, time stamp: 0x5153774d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000a7b54
Faulting process id: 0x17a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1e4db92371061
Faulting application path: D:\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll
Report Id: 19c87808-50d4-11e6-8247-e03f49ea007d

If anyone has an idea about what went wrong, and what I can do about it, all help is appreciated. Thanks....

Sherm

Sherm,

Good day to ya!  Nothing really to do with ORBX, but to the FSX program.  There are literally thousands of help requests to this type of crash.

I have seen it eliminated by just how you start FSX and the sequence of setting up a flight.  It could even be caused by running a registry scanner and removing some pathways.  But before you think about reinstalling FSX try this.

1.  Start FSX with the default 172 at a default FSX airport.  This means if you do not have this established as your default startup, then create it and restart FSX so that you have this situation as your default flying scenario.

2.  Then start any addons, like WX apps.  Get this all up and running before you select your start where you want your first flight to start at.

3.  Now select your AC and flight plan (or airport to start your flight from).

Bad thing is that if you continue having this issue, you can walk back (uninstall) the latest software you added one at a time until FSX seems to be fixed.  Other than this, I have only heard of uninstalling everything, cleaning the registry, and start over.

Good luck,

Larry

Thanks, Larry and Poppet. I do have sweetfx and use it with steve's Dx10 fixer. I was thinking that might be the issue, but was hesitant to change any dll until I had more info. I have had issues with SWFX in past attempts to get it at a sweet spot, and like what I am seeing with the mod I have been using for several,weeks. Just before writing this, I finished a two hour MP flight with my VA, without any problems. So, what happened earlier might just be an isolated quirk. We'll see. I'll let you know how things turn out. Again, thanks.

sherm

Archived